WayV (Chinese: 威神V, pronounced as "WeiShenV") is a seven-member boy group formed by SM Entertainment, and the fourth overall sub-unit of NCT. They debuted in China on January 17, 2019 with their first digital EP, The Vision.
The group is produced by SM Entertainment but managed by their China-exclusive, Label V.
- 1 History
- 2 Members
- 3 Discography
- 4 Concerts
- 5 Trivia
- 6 Gallery
- 7 References
- 8 Official links
2019: The Vision, "Rainbow V", Take Off and Take Over the Moon
On January 17, 2019, they debuted with their first EP, The Vision. They released a music video for the title track "Regular". A dance practice for one of the side tracks "Come Back" was also released on January 21. On January 22, a group teaser photo was released for the B side, "Dream Launch". A music video teaser was shared on January 23 and the music video was released on January 24. On January 26, individual teaser photos of Kun, Ten, Winwin, and Lucas were shared with individual photos of Xiaojun, Hendery, and Yangyang being shared the next day on January 27.
During the beginning of the year, they filmed the series "Rainbow V" where they prepared three different performances to express their creativity. The series consists of 6 episodes and 3 different performances which could be found on WayV's official YouTube Channel. The group had split into the following 3 different groups: Kun and Xiaojun; Ten and Winwin; and Lucas, Hendery, and Yangyang. 2 of the 3 performances are dances (Kun and Xiaojun's performance is a vocal cover).
WayV then released teasers for the mini album Take Off starting on May 1, 2019. The mini album included three new tracks along with the three previous tracks from The Vision. A music video was released for the title track "Take Off" along with a performance video and dance practice for the song on May 9, May 16, and May 27, respectively. The song "Let Me Love U" got a self-filmed music video which was released on WayV's official YouTube Channel.
On September 20, WayV officially launched a fan club under the Lysn and revealed the fandom name "WayZenNi".
On October 22, WayV released a symbol image of their logo along with a scheduler for the mini album Take Over the Moon. Teaser images for each of the members were released on October 23 while a group teaser image was released on October 24. On October 25, individual photos was released of Winwin, Xiaojun, and Yangyang, along with a unit photo. Similarly, on October 26, individual photos of Kun, Ten, Lucas, and Hendery were released, along with another unit photo. A moving image of their new symbol was released on October 27, while a music video teaser for the title track "Moonwalk" was released on October 28. The music video for "Moonwalk", along with the release of the album, was on October 29. A new group teaser image was released on October 31, following the release of their album.
2020: Take Over the Moon - Sequel, Awaken The World
On March 13, WayV released a special album, Take Over the Moon - Sequel, as thank you for their fans.
On June 9, the group released their first full-length album, Awaken The World, with "Turn Back Time" as the title track.
|Kun (쿤)||Leader, Lead Vocalist, Rapper||2019–present|
|Ten (텐)||Main Dancer, Lead Vocalist, Rapper, Center||2019–present|
|Winwin (윈윈)||Lead Dancer, Rapper, Vocalist, Visual||2019–present|
|Lucas (루카스)||Lead Rapper, Vocalist, Center, Visual||2019–present|
|Xiao Jun (샤오쥔)||Main Vocalist, Rapper, Visual||2019–present|
|Hendery (헨더리)||Main Rapper, Lead Dancer, Vocalist, Visual||2019–present|
|Yang Yang (양양)||Main Rapper, Lead Dancer, Vocalist, Maknae||2019–present|
- Beyond Live: Beyond the Vision (2020).
- The group was first announced under the tentative name "NCT China".
- Is the second fixed sub unit in NCT after NCT 127.
- WayV stands for "We are your Vision".
- WayV debuted in China under Label V (SM Entertainment's Chinese label) without the name of NCT or SM Entertainment due to political issues between Korea and China. Nowadays, every Korean brand has restrictions on the Chinese market. This was decided in order to promote without any problem.
- WayV is the only NCT sub unit that does not name their fandom NCTzen (fans are called WayZenNi).
- The group promotes mainly in China, but they can also promote in other countries and participate in future NCT activities.
- Allkpop: NCT's Chinese Subunit WayV Announce Official Fan Club Name!
- Billboard: New NCT-Associated Boy Band WayV Set to Debut in China
- Soompi: SM Entertainment Announces Debut Of New Chinese Group WayV + Opens Social Media Accounts
- Soompi: WayV Releases Dance Practice Version Of “Come Back”
- Soompi: WayV Unveils New Charming Photos For “Dream Launch”
- Soompi: WayV Shoots For The Stars In “Dream Launch” MV
- Allkpop: WayV Kick Off Their NewProject "Rainbow V"
- Soompi: WayV Previews High-Octane "Take Off" Comeback With MV Teaser
- Soompi: WayV Sings "Take Off' In MV For Powerful Comeback
- Soompi: WayV Highlights Their Dynamic Choreography In "Take Off" Performance Video
- Soompi: WayV Is Impeccable In Dance Practice Video For "Take Off"
- Soompi: WayV Unveils New Group Teaser Image For "Take Over The Moon'
- Soompi: WayV Conquers Outer Space In "Moonwalk" Comeback MV
- Hellokpop: WayV Goes Beyond The Vision For 'Beyond Live'
- Billboard: K-Pop Label SM Entertainment To Launch New China-Oriented NCT Group This Year