Hello everyone and welcome to this Wiki's bi-monthly update post.
The subject on adding categories based on an artist's nationality & ethnicity was raised a while back but I want to get some community feedback before going forward (or not).
- Taeyeon would fall under "South Korean artists"
- Lisa would fall under "Thai artists"
- Tzuyu would fall under "Taiwanese artists"
- Lucas would fall under "Chinese artists"
- Somi would fall under "South Korean artists" + "Canadian artists" + "Dutch artists" (due to multiple citizenship)
- Taeyeon would fall under "South Korean artists" + "Artists of South Korean descent"
- Lisa would fall under "Thai artists" + "Artists of Thai descent"
- Tzuyu would fall under "Taiwanese artists" + "Artists of Taiwanese descent"
- Lucas would fall under "Chinese artists" + "Artists of Chinese descent" + "Artists of Thai descent"
- Somi would fall under "South Korean artists" + "Canadian artists" + "Dutch artists" + "Artists of South Korean descent" + "Artists of Canadian descent" + "Artists of Dutch descent"
We could also follow Wikipedia's example and include all the necessary categories (eg. Wikipedia entry for Somi) though it may be too much and complex. There are also difficulties when categorizing including geopolitics as it may be a sensitive topic to some (eg. China/Taiwan/Hong Kong/Macau).
If you have suggestions, agree or disagree, please leave a comment here. We would like to hear them!
If you haven't yet known, we have a sister wiki dedicated site to Korean indie music called K-Indie Wiki. It was started out back in October 2017 as a side project when I'm not busy editing here. It's still small compared to here but once this Wiki becomes more self-sufficient, I'll be focusing my energy over there in the future. So I hope you get a chance to check out out and discover the numerous indie artists that Korea has to offer!
Other stuff and questions
Last month, the Wiki reached a new record of over 790,000 total views! Growth have been steady since January 2018, with some slight dips in between (February, May, and June).
I also want to remind editors to check the guidelines periodically to refresh on the rules. Minor things like forgetting to add categories to images and articles, missing important information or section titles can add extra time for other editors to fix the mistakes. Again, if you have any questions on this Wiki like requiring help or suggestions for improvements, please leave a reply on this post or on my message wall!
The next regular post will be in October. Until then, thanks for reading and have a great day!