They were originally scheduled to debut sometime between May and July 2019 but it was postponed.
2018–2019: YG Treasure Box
On October 29, 2018, YG Entertainment announced the launch of a new survival show for the debut of the agency's newest boy group. A total of 29 trainees would compete, with most between the ages of 14 to 19. The show, YG Treasure Box, began airing on November 18 and ended on January 18, 2019.
2019: TREASURE, 2nd boy group, TREASURE 13
The first four members were announced on the January 18th finale episode: Haruto, Bang Ye Dam, So Jung Hwan, and Kim Jun Kyu. The remaining three members were revealed on Naver V Live broadcasts on January 21, 23, and 25. Park Jeong Woo was announced as the fifth member, followed by Yoon Jae Hyuk (sixth), and Choi Hyun Suk (seventh). On January 28, YG announced the group will be called TREASURE.
The following day, Yang Hyun Suk announced that he would form a second group from the show, comprising of six members, to debut after TREASURE. The six members were revealed from January 30 to February 4: Ha Yoon Bin, Mashiho, Kim Do Young, Yoshinori, Park Ji Hoon and Asahi, respectively.
On February 7, reports surfaced that the two groups would be promoting together and separately. It was confirmed later that day on a blog post by Yang Hyun Suk on YG Life's official website. He revealed that the 13 members will first debut as TREASURE 13 before promoting separately into the two groups: TREASURE and MAGNUM. He also explained fanclub's name for all three teams will be called "Treasure Maker". They were expected to debut sometime between May and July.
2020: New debut plans, Yedam solo, debut with "The First Step : Chapter One"
On January 6, YGE posted a notice on their official website stating the group's future plans. This included re-organizing as a 12-member ensemble after Ha Yoon Bin cancelled his contract on December 31, 2019. It was also revealed that the two units, TREASURE and MAGNUM, would be integrated into TREASURE 13 to form a single group to be name simply as TREASURE. The group will hold various unit and solo activities prior to their debut and that YGE will encourage and support the members to actively participate into the composing and writing of music.
On January 8, TREASURE released the first set of individual profile photos titled "TREASURE EDITORIAL vol.1" for members Choi Hyun Suk, Jihoon, Yoshi, and Junkyu. This was followed by Mashiho, Yoon Jae Hyuk, Asahi, and Bang Ye Dam on the 9th, and Doyoung, Haruto, Park Jeong Woo, and So Jung Hwan on the 10th. Additional profile photos were released from the 20th to 23rd.
On May 19, a poster of 12 members wearing outfits with TREASURE logos while revealing the team’s identity was revealed through YG Entertainment’s official blog.
On May 21, YGE officially announced that Bang Ye Dam’s solo single will be released in June through a fan announcement. YG explained, “We’ve been preparing Yedam’s solo music before TREASURE was formed” and added, “We’ve decided that it would be a good decision to release a song that was completed in June, prior to TREASURE’s debut, as a surprise gift for the fans”. In addition to the news on Yedam's upcoming solo single, which was unexpected by the fans, TREASURE’s plans for the second half of this year were also revealed. YG stated, “TREASURE is planning to release new songs 3~4 times until the end of the year, after making debut in July”. They explained, “It’s a similar promotion method of how BIGBANG released single albums every month when they first made debut back in 2006”. No details on the song or an exact release date have been revealed, but Bang Ye Dam’s upcoming solo single is expected to raise the global music fans’ expectations on TREASURE’s debut in July.
On July 20, YGE released a teaser video and poster, announcing the group's debut date to be on August 7. Intro posters for each of the members were released on July 24 and 25. An introduction film was released on July 27. On July 29, a group teaser poster was released, announcing their first single album titled "The First Step : Chapter One".
|Choi Hyun Suk (최현석)||2019–present|
|Yoon Jae Hyuk (윤재혁)||2019–present|
|Bang Ye Dam (방예담)||Main Vocalist||2019–present|
|Park Jeong Woo (박정우)||2019–present|
|So Jung Hwan (소정환)||Maknae||2019–present|
|Ha Yoon Bin (하윤빈)||2019|
- "The First Step : Chapter One" (2020)
- Treasure Map (YouTube, 2020)
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Soompi: YG Entertainment's Upcoming Boy Group TREASURE Announces July Debut
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Soompi: TREASURE 13's Debut Plans Reportedly Put On Hold + YG Entertainment Comments
- ↑ Soompi: "YG Treasure Box" Gears Up For Premiere With 1st Teaser Video
- ↑ Soompi: Here Are The First 4 Members Of YG's New Boy Group From "YG Treasure Box"
- ↑ Soompi: YG Announces 5th Member For Upcoming Group From "YG Treasure Box"
- ↑ Soompi: YG Announces 6th Member For Upcoming Group From "YG Treasure Box"
- ↑ Soompi: YG Announces Final Member For Upcoming Group From "YG Treasure Box"
- ↑ Soompi: YG Entertainment Announces Official Name Of New Boy Group
- ↑ Allkpop: Yang Hyun Suk Says YG Will Debut Another Boy Group Following Treasure
- ↑ Soompi: YG Announces Final Member To Debut In 2nd Boy Group From "YG Treasure Box"
- ↑ YG Life: FROM YG
- ↑ Soompi: Yang Hyun Suk Confirms Plans, Reveals Fan Club Name, And More For TREASURE 13
- ↑ Allkpop: Yang Hyun Suk Answers Questions on Treasure 13's 2nd Subunit Name, Fanclub Name, Pre-debut Reality Show, + More
- ↑ YG Life: YANG HYUN SUK, "TREASURE 7+MAGNUM 6='TREASURE 13', Will Debut as 13-Member Group"
- ↑ YG Family: YG 신인 남자그룹 TREASURE에 대한 3가지 소식을 전합니다
- ↑ Allkpop: TREASURE roll out a new set of profile photos, 'Treasure Editorial vol.1'
- ↑ Soompi: TREASURE Amps Up Excitement For Debut With Individual Profile Images
- ↑ YouTube: TREASURE - 미쳐가네(Going Crazy) PERFORMANCE FILM (4K)
- ↑ YG’s Rookie Group TREASURE Reveals 12 Member Poster…Will Make Debut in July
- ↑ BANG YE DAM of TREASURE, ‘YG’s 7th Year Trainee’, to Release Solo Single in June
- ↑ Korea Herald: TREASURE, YG's 1st new K-pop act after BLACKPINK, to debut next month
- ↑ Allkpop: TREASURE introduce themselves through introduction film
- ↑ YG Family on Twitter (July 29, 2020)