To Be World Klass! Hello, we are TOO!
TOO (티오오) is a 10-member boy group managed by n.CH Entertainment with production and marketing by Stone Music Entertainment. They were formed through the survival show World Klass and officially debuted on April 1, 2020 with their first mini album Reason for Being : Benevolence.
Their name is an acronym for "Ten Oriented Orchestra".
2019: World Klass
On June 25, 2019, Stone Music Entertainment and n.CH Entertainment announced that they would be launching a new boy group called TOO through a new global survival program to be aired on Mnet in September.
On December 6, the top 10 winners were announced through the live finale. Two days later, n.CH announced that Han Jun, who made it to the final lineup after placing third, would not be joining the group due to partaking in an unauthorized leave and disreputable scandal when he was a trainee. He was replaced by Jae Yun, who had the next highest number of votes on the show.
2020–present: Debut and Road to Kingdom
On March 5, Stone Music and n.CH announced that TOO's debut album promotions would be partially rescheduled. A new schedule was posted on March 9 revealing their debut had been delayed to April 1. Their debut mini album, Reason for Being : Benevolence, was released on April 1 with "Magnolia" as the title track.
On April 11, the group announced their fandom would be called TOOGETHER.
Road to Kingdom then officially began and was aired on April 30 with an online vote beforehand, from March 30 to April 5. During the 90 seconds performances, they danced to "Into the dysTOOpia", which was a remixed version of "Magnolia" to introduce themself and ranked seventh. During the first round, which was to perform a "king's melody", they had covered "Rising Sun" by TVXQ and ranked fourth during the first round. During the second round, which was to perform your own song, they performed "Magnolia". They had ranked sixth during the second round, which was determined 30% by the contestants and 70% through votes of an online audience. The next round was a collaborative mission where the groups were randomly chosen to become a pair and prepare a performance together. In the end, TOO was partnered with VERIVERY and they both agreed to perform "On" by BTS where they ranked second out of 3 teams. Overall, it was revealed that cumulative score was fifth out of 6 teams, meaning they were at risk of eliminations. For the next round, their partners from the previous round had to choose a song for them to cover. The song "Hard Carry" by GOT7 was chosen for them and so they visited GOT7 before a music show for advice on performing their own song. Unfortunately, they had ranked last and was eliminated in the seventh episode.
On June 12, TOO announced their upcoming comeback with their second mini album.
|Jae Yun (재윤)||Leader, Vocals||Justice||Metal||West||White|
|Chi Hoon (치훈)||Rap, Vocals, Producing||Universal Love||Wood||East||Blue|
|Dong Geon (동건)||Vocals, Acting||Trust||Earth||Center||Yellow|
|Chan (찬)||Rap, Dance, Producing||Courtesy||Fire||South||Red|
|Ji Su (지수)||Dance, Vocals||Number||Water||North||Black|
|Min Su (민수)||Dance, Vocals||Heart||Earth||Center||Yellow|
|Kyung Ho (경호)||Dance, Vocals||Virtue||Fire||South||Red|
|Woong Gi (웅기)||Vocals, Acting, Maknae||Wisdom||Water||North||Black|
- Road to Kingdom (Mnet, 2020)
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 TOO Official on Twitter (April 11, 2020 tweet)
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 @too_offcl on Twitter (March 9, 2020)
- ↑ Soompi: “World Klass” Announces Top 10 To Debut As New Boy Group TOO
- ↑ Soompi: Stone Music And n.CH Entertainment To Launch Boy Group Through New Mnet Survival Program
- ↑ Soompi: Watch: Mnet Drops First Look At Upcoming Survival Reality Show “World Klass”
- ↑ Soompi: Mnet’s New Survival Program “World Klass” Introduces 1st Trainee Chan
- ↑ Soompi: New Boy Group TOO From Survival Show "World Klass" Announces Debut Details
- ↑ Soompi: n.CH Entertainment States Han Jun Will Not Join "World Klass' Group TOO + Jae Yun To Take His Place
- ↑ Soompi: New Boy Group TOO From Survival Show “World Klass” Announces Debut Details
- ↑ @too_offcl on Twitter (February 27, 2020 tweet)
- ↑ @too_offcl on Twitter (March 5, 2020)
- ↑ Soompi: Update: Mnet Confirms Lineup of 7 Boy Groups Who Will Compete In “Road To Kingdom” + Premiere Date
- ↑ Soompi: “Road To Kingdom” To Hold Online Vote Ahead Of Premiere
- ↑ Soompi: “Road To Kingdom” Has Begun: Check Out The 1st Episode’s Rankings, Rules For Eliminations And Advancing To “Kingdom,” Performances, And More
- ↑ Soompi: Watch: “Road To Kingdom” Contestants Kick Off 1st Round With Covers Of SHINee, SEVENTEEN, TVXQ, And More
- ↑ Soompi: Watch: “Road To Kingdom” Continues 1st Round And Announces Rankings + PENTAGON Tearfully Stages Last Performance Before Jinho’s Enlistment
- ↑ Soompi: Watch: ONF, Golden Child, ONEUS, VERIVERY, TOO, And The Boyz Stage Intense Performances For “Road To Kingdom” 2nd Round
- ↑ Soompi: Watch: “Road To Kingdom” Announces 1st Elimination, Reveals 2nd Round Rankings, And Begins Collaboration Mission
- ↑ Soompi: Watch: “Road To Kingdom” Contestants Cover BLACKPINK, GOT7, Sunmi, And More + Winner Of Collaboration Mission Revealed
- ↑ Soompi: Watch: GOT7 Gives TOO Advice For Their “Hard Carry” Cover On “Road To Kingdom”
- ↑ Soompi: Watch: “Road To Kingdom” Eliminates Another Group Before Finale + Teams Perform Covers Of MONSTA X, MAMAMOO, And VIXX
- ↑ Soompi: “Road To Kingdom” Group TOO Announces July Comeback
- ↑ V Live: TOO YOU from #TOO