Like its predecessor, Produce 101 Season 2 is the nation's first agency-collaboration unit boy group project, which brings together 101 trainees from different entertainment companies both inside and outside of South Korea, where 11 trainees will be selected to form a unit boy group. The group will perform under YMC Entertainment (the same label where I.O.I was under) until December 2018. The winning group may later disband and join their own boy band planned by their agencies.
- Temporary group JBJ was formed with the eliminated trainees that ranked 21th, 22th, 24th, 25th, 26th and 29th. They released their first mini-album Fantasy on October 18, 2017 and disbanded on April 30, 2018.
- Temporary group RAINZ was formed with the eliminated trainees that ranked 31th, 38th, 45th, 47th, 53th, 62th and 83th. They released their first mini-album Sunshine on October 12.
- Jeong Se Woon, who placed 12th, debuted as a soloist and released the first part of his first album Ever on September 1. He then joined temporary group YDPP.
- Arredondo Samuel, who placed 18th, debuted as a soloist and released his first mini-album Sixteen on August 2.
- Jang Moon Bok, who placed 27th, kept releasing music as a soloist and released the single "Be With You" on July 20.
- Lee Woo Jin, who placed 34th, joined TheEastLight..
- Yoo Hoe Seung, who placed 39th, joined N.Flying.
- Kim Shihyun who left the show, went onto joining another reality survival show, Under Nineteen on November 3, 2018.
- Kim Dong Hyun and Lim Young Min debuted as a duo called MXM.
- Son Dong Myeong, who placed 68th, debuted in the band ONEWE.
- Yeo Hwan Oong (42nd), Lee Gun Min (94th), and Lee Gun Hee (33rd) later debuted in a group together called ONEUS with 3 other people.
- Choi Tae Woong, who placed 71st, debuted in the group Bz Boys.
- Justin (43rd) and Zhu Zheng Ting (51st) participated in the Chinese survival show, Idol Producer, and ranked 4th and 6th respectively making them a member of the Chinese project group Nine Percent.
More to add.
- "It's Me (Pick Me)" (2017)