Sound out! We are PRISTIN!
PRISTIN (프리스틴) was a ten-member girl group under Pledis Entertainment. They officially debuted on March 21, 2017 with their first mini-album Hi! PRISTIN. Their name is a combination of the words 'Prismatic' and 'Elastin'.
On May 24, 2019, Pledis announced that the group has disbanded.
- 1 History
- 2 Members
- 3 Sub-units
- 4 Discography
- 5 Gallery
- 6 References
- 7 Official links
Before their debut, the members worked with their company on multiple instances, the most notable are the following:
- In 2010, Xiyeon appeared in labelmate and senior group After School music video for "Bang!" as the little girl dancing in the beginning
- In 2014, all members made a cameo on labelmate and senior group Orange Caramel music video for "My Copycat" as the girls dancing on a stage
- In 2015, Eunwoo, Rena, and Kyulkyung made cameos on labelmate and senior group SEVENTEEN music video for "Mansae" as classmates of the group
- In 2016, members Nayoung, Kyulkyung, Roa, Eunwoo, Yuha, Rena, and Xiyeon represented their agency in survival show, Produce 101, to be part of temporary girl group, I.O.I. Nayoung and Kyulkyung became part of the final lineup of I.O.I.
2016: PLEDIS Girlz
The group was known as PLEDIS Girlz as their pre-debut name on March 23, 2016. The group released the digital single "We" on June 27, 2016, which was composed by Eunwoo and Sungyeon and written by Roa, Eunwoo, Sungyeon, and Xiyeon. The members showcased themselves in multiple covers of known songs, the most prominent was them covering label mate and senior group SEVENTEEN's debut song "Adore U". The group also held concerts from May 14 to September 10, 2016, in which the members performed in weekly concerts, with the exception of Nayoung and Kyulkyung due to their promotions with I.O.I. They held their last concert as PLEDIS Girlz on January 6, 2017 and announced their official group name to be PRISTIN.
2017: Debut with Hi! PRISTIN and "Black Widow"
On March 2, the group released a teaser through their social media and confirmed their debut. On March 7, the group released their schedule for promos. On March 9, the group revealed concept photos for members, with each image featuring an English word that appears to describe their individual concept. On March 14, they released their track list and on the following day, released their highlight medley. The concept of their album is said to be 'power and pretty', which illustrates the powerful energy in their beauty. It was also revealed that the members of PRISTIN either composed or wrote the lyrics to every track. On March 21, the group debuted live on Mnet, a first for a girl group, with their first mini-album Hi! PRISTIN with the title track "Wee Woo". The title song is described as having a soft lively pop song that blends rock and synth sound with a strong beat that turns into a energetic final mix. They held a debut showcase on the same day. On May 19, the group released a remix version of the b-side of the song "Black Widow" and held a week of promotions for the song.
2018: Sub unit PRISTIN V debut and Kyulkyung solo debut
After over a year with no activity, Pledis Entertainment announced the creation of a new five-member sub unit named PRISTIN V with members Nayoung, Roa, Eunwoo, Rena and Kyulkyung. They debuted with single album, "Like a V" on May 28, 2018.
On September 6, 2018, Kyulkyung made her solo debut with Chinese digital single "Why". The single was promoted exclusively in China.
On May 24, it was announced by Pledis that the group has disbanded following the termination of contract of members Nayoung, Roa, Yuha, Eunwoo, Rena, Xiyeon, and Kyla. Members Kyulkyung, Yehana, and Sungyeon would remain in the agency.
On July 1, Pledis announced their decision to close PRISTIN's social media accounts and official fan cafe.
- On September 21, 2019, Kyla opened her own channel on YouTube, where she posts videos frequently. She also made her solo American debut on June 13, 2020, with the mini album Watch Me Glow.
- On August 22, 2019, Nayoung signed an exclusive contract with Sublime Artist Agency, where she has been modelling and acting.
- On October 21, 2019, OSR Entertainment announced that Roa, Yuha, Eunwoo and Rena had signed with them, and would be debuting in the agency's first girl group, later known by HINAPIA, in November. The group debuted on November 3, 2019, with the digital single album "New Start", but after only 9 months, the group disbanded due to the company's difficult situation after the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Since then, the members has been active in their social medias. Minkyeung and Gyeongwon are focusing in their modelling.
- On July 2, 2020, Xiyeon signed with a new acting-focused agency called Sooyeongang Entertainment. Since then, she has worked in the independent film Sillim Man and Woman, and tvn D's web drama Trap.
- Sungyeon has been working with songwriting and composing. In 2020, she collaborated in "Fish" by fromis 9 and "Apollo 11" by Jamie.
- Kyulkyung has been working with modelling and acting in China. However, she is currently in a legal battle to end her contract with her Korean and Chinese representatives, Pledis Entertainment and XCSS Entertainment, respectively. In September 2019, she sent notice of termination to both, but was charged with breach of contract on March 25, 2020, declaring the notice to be "baseless"
|Nayoung (나영)||Leader, Main Dancer, Lead Rapper,
|Roa (로아; formerly Minkyung)||Sub-Leader, Lead Vocalist, Visual||2016–2019|
|Yuha (유하; formerly Kyungwon)||Lead Vocalist||2016–2019|
|Eunwoo (은우)||Main Vocalist||2016–2019|
|Rena (레나; formerly Yebin)||Main Rapper, Lead Dancer, Vocalist||2016–2019|
|Kyulkyung (결경; formerly Pinky)||Main Dancer, Vocalist, Visual,
Face of the Group
|Yehana (예하나; formerly Yewon)||Main Vocalist||2016–2019|
|Sungyeon (성연)||Main Vocalist||2016–2019|
|Xiyeon (시연; formerly Siyeon)||Lead Dancer, Lead Vocalist,
Lead Rapper, Visual, Center
|Kyla (카일라)||Lead Rapper, Vocalist, Maknae||2016–2019|
(Hiatus since 2017)
- PRISTIN V (2018–2019)
All social medias accounts of the group were closed on July 1, 2019.