2016: Debut with "Chewing Gum" and End of the Year award shows
On August 19, SM Entertainment shared a teaser photo of Jisung and Chenle introducing the debut of the third NCT sub-unit, NCT Dream, and the single "Chewing Gum". The next day, Jeno and Haechan were introduced into the group with their "Chewing Gum" teaser photos. On August 21, Mark and Renjun's teaser photos had been released. On the following day the final member, Jaemin, was introduced. The music video for "Chewing Gum" was released on August 24 with two versions: Korean and Chinese. The group then debuted on August 25 with the single "Chewing Gum" on their M Countdown stage. During promotions, the group was often seen on the encore stages of fellow label mates like EXO and Red Velvet. On October 7, a performance video of NCT Dream on hoverboards for the song "Chewing Gum" was released.
On November 17, it was confirmed the group would be attending the 2016 Mnet Asian Music Awards in Hong Kong. It was also announced that Jaemin was to be absent from the 2016 MAMA as he was getting medical treatment. On December 2, during the 2016 MAMA, NCT Dream had performed "Chewing Gum" on the red carpet. On the main stage, the group had performed with the other subunits of NCT for the song "Black on Black". NCT Dream also performed "Chewing Gum" at the 2016 KBS Song Festival along with being apart of the collaboration stage with other groups for the song "Baby" by Justin Bieber.
2017: The First, "Trigger the Fever", We Young and "Joy"
On February 2, it was announced by SM Entertainment that NCT Dream will be coming back with their first single album. Individual teaser photos were then released on February 3 to February 7 in the following order: Chenle, Jisung, Renjun, Jeno, Haechan, and Mark. SM Entertainment released a statement that Jaemin will not be participating in the comeback as he was getting treatment for his herniated disc. The lyrics of the song was to describe wanting your first love to be your last. In addition, the choreographer of the song was Tony Testa, who had choreographed other songs as well. The music video teasers for both the Korean and Chinese version of the song "My First and Last" was then released on February 7 at 11pm KST. The second music video teaser was released the next day. On February 9 at midnight KST, the two music videos for "My First and Last" was released along with the single album The First. The single album had grabbed many top spots in different weekly music charts such as Hanteo and Hottracks. On February 11, two performance videos for "My First and Last" was released in Korean and Chinese. The group took their first ever win on The Show's 100th episode on February 14 with their song "My First and Last". They took many more wins after that for the title track "My First and Last".
On February 15, it was announced that NCT Dream will become the FIFA U-20 World Cup Korea Republic 2017 LOC ambassadors. On March 15, NCT Dream released a promotional single called "Trigger the Fever". The single was the official song for the 2017 FIFA U-20 World Cup.
On August 9, NCT Dream shared teaser photos of Mark along with a teaser clip. It was revealed that they will release their first mini album titled We Young on August 17. Following Mark, the rest of the teaser photos and individual clips were released from August 10 to August 14 in the following order: Chenle, Jisung, Haechan, Renjun, and Jeno. Although he did not participate in this comeback, Jaemin posted a photo on the NCT website thanking them for wishing him on his birthday and asked us to give the upcoming comeback lots of love. Group photos for "We Young" were released on August 15 while the music video teasers for both the Korean and Chinese version were released on August 16, along with the track list. The music video for the title track "We Young" were released on August 17. During promotions, they released a dance practice video on August 26. The mini album included the promotional single "Trigger the Fever". A special video for the song "My Page" from the mini album was released on September 7 displaying moments of them during "We Young" promotions.
On December 10, SM Entertainment revealed that NCT Dream will be releasing a STATION track that is Christmas themed called "Joy". The next day, photos of the members were revealed along with two separate interview clips from Mark and Jisung. A second batch of photos were released on December 12 for each member along with Renjun's and Chenle's interview clips. The final batch of photos were released the next day along with the interview clips from Jeno and Haechan. A teaser for the music video was then released on December 14. The music video for the SM Station was then released on December 15. The members of NCT Dream celebrated by holding a Christmas V Live broadcast, where they talk about the filming process along with how Mark had contributed to the lyrics.
2018: We Go Up, "Candle Light", Return of Jaemin and Mark's graduation
During the month of March and April, NCT Dream participated in the making of the album NCT 2018 Empathy and released the song "Go". It was the first comeback with Jaemin after his break due to his herniated disc.
On August 16, a group teaser photo for the mini album We Go Up was released. It was announced that the comeback will be made on September 3. Another group teaser was released on August 19 with the promotion schedule being released on August 22. A video called "Dream Ceremony" was released on August 23, introducing NCT Dream. On August 25, a video called "Dear Dream" was released containing clips of the members, along with lyric spoilers. Individual clips similar to the ones in "Dear Dream" were released on August 26. A new teaser photo and video called "We Go Up!" was released on August 27. On August 28, the individual teaser photos of the members were released. The music video teaser for "We Go Up" was posted on August 29. The music video for the title track "We Go Up" was released on August 30, along with a performance video of the Chinese version being uploaded on September 6. To celebrate their comeback, they held a V Live broadcast where they shared memories about the making of the album.
On December 17, the STATION account shared that NCT Dream would be releasing a station track called "Candle Light" on December 27 through two teaser videos. On December 19 and 20, two group teaser photo were released one after the other. Individual photos were released on December 21 along with more teaser photos individually, in pairs, and one of the entire group. A behind the scenes video was also released on the same day. On December 24, individual teaser videos of the members were released where they introduce themselves and the song. The music video and teaser were released on the same day at different times.
It was first confirmed on August 26 that Mark would be graduate from NCT Dream that year, along with the background behind the song "Dear Dream". The song was to commemorate Mark's graduation with many members participating in the lyrics. On December 31, a video was released called "NCTzens Would Like This Too DREAM Ep. 4 (Mark Appreciation Award Ceremony)" as part of their series on YouTube and serves as a graduation ceremony for Mark. Although Haechan was not physically there, the members video called him to allow him to be apart of the ceremony.
2019: "Don't Need Your Love", "Fireflies" and We Boom
On May 30, a teaser video was released announcing the collaboration between English singer, HRVY and NCT Dream. The cover image of the single was released on May 31. From May 31 to June 5, individual photo teasers were then released of them in the following order: Jisung, Jeno, Renjun, Jaemin, Chenle, and HRVY. A group image was also released on June 5. The music video was then released on June 6 as the thirteenth single in the third season STATION.
NCT Dream was chosen to be the first global ambassador for the World Scout Foundation. They then released "Fireflies" on July 15 as a special digital single in collaboration with the World Scout Foundation. The song was sung in English and all of the profits were used as funds to support the scouts in low income countries. The song was performed for the first time at the opening ceremony of the 24th World Scout Jamboree on July 23 in Summit Bechtel Reserve, West Virginia. A self filmed music video for the song was released on August 25 containing clips from the 24th World Scout Jamboree and the behind the scenes of their photo shoot for the song for their third year anniversary.
On July 16, a video clip was released containing the words "We Boom" and skulls, along with a date and time and a link to a website. A group teaser photo was released on July 17 and it was confirmed that they would be dropping their third mini album We Boom on July 26. The physical album was to be released on July 29. Individual teaser photos were first released for Jeno and Jaemin on July 17. On July 18, individual teaser photos were released for Chenle and Jisung. The following day, individual teaser photos were released for Renjun and Haechan. A group teaser photo was released on July 20, along with new individual teaser photos for Jeno and Jaemin. New individual teaser photos were released for Chenle and Jisung and Renjun and Haechan on July 21 and July 22, respectively. On July 23 and July 24, two teaser videos were released called "We Got That" and "We Like That". The teaser videos were released in triplets with Renjun, Jeno, and Jisung in "We Got That" and the Haechan, Jaemin, and Chenle in "We Like That". The music video teaser for "Boom" was released on July 25 and the music video was released the next day. A vertical video for the song "Boom" was released on August 10. To celebrate their third year anniversary, they released a dance practice for "Boom" in school uniforms.
2020: The Dream, Reload, and reorganization
On April 14, SM Entertainment announced that, following the release of NCT Dream's upcoming album titled Reload on April 29, the unit would no longer keep a graduation system and have an activity format similar to NCT U with graduated member Mark returning.
|Renjun (런쥔)||Main Vocalist, Lead Dancer, Visual||2016–present|
|Jeno (제노)||Lead Rapper, Lead Dancer, Vocalist, Visual||2016–present|
|Haechan (해찬)||Main Vocalist||2016–present|
|Jaemin (재민)||Lead Dancer, Lead Rapper, Vocalist, Center, Visual||2016–present|
|Chenle (천러)||Main Vocalist||2016–present|
|Jisung (지성)||Main Dancer, Vocalist, Rapper, Maknae||2016–present|
|Mark (마크)||Leader, Main Rapper, Main Dancer, Vocalist, Face of the Group||2016–2018|
- NCT Dream Show (2018)
- NCT Dream Tour "The Dream Show" (2019–2020)
- FIFA World Cup Korea (2017)
- Haechan and Mark are members of NCT 127.
- Main article: NCT Dream/Gallery
- ↑ Soompi: NCT Reveals Final Member Of NCT DREAM
- ↑ Soompi: NCT Dream Debuts With A Burst Of Youthful Energy In "Chewing Gum" MV
- ↑ Soompi: EXO Takes 1st Win For "Lotto" On M!Countdown, Performances By VIXX, NCT Dream, And More
- ↑ Soompi: EXO Gets 2nd Win For "Lotto" Soompi: On Music Bank, Performances By VIXX, NCT DREAM, Triple T, And More
- ↑ Soompi: NCT Dream Shows Off Impressive Hoverboarding Skills In "Chewing Gum" Performance Video
- ↑ Soompi: SEVENTEEN, GFRIEND, And More Confirmed To Attend 2016 Mnet Asian Music Awards
- ↑ Soompi: NCT DREAM's Jaemin To Be Absent From 2016 MAMA Due To Health Issue
- ↑ Soompi: The Epic Performances From The 2016 Mnet Asian Music Awards (MAMA)
- ↑ Soompi: BTS, EXO, SHINee, TWICE, GOT7, GFRIEND, And Many More Perform At 2016 KBS Song Festival
- ↑ Soompi: NCT Dream Announces Comeback With 1st Single Album
- ↑ Soompi: NCT Dream Shares Adorable New Teaser Photos, Featuring Member Chenle
- ↑ Soompi: NCT Dream’s Jisung Is Ready To Rock On In New Teaser Images
- ↑ Soompi: NCT Dream’s Renjun Features In New Teaser Photos For “My First And Last”
- ↑ Soompi: NCT Dream Shares Jeno’s Teaser Images For Comeback With “My First And Last”
- ↑ Soompi: NCT Dream Shares Haechan And Mark’s Teaser Photos For “My First And Last”
- ↑ AllKpop: SM Entertainment explains why Jaemin won't be participating in NCT Dream's comeback
- ↑ Soompi: NCT Dream Releases Title Track Details And Latest Group Teaser For “The First”
- ↑ Soompi: Update: NCT Dream Reveals Adorable 2nd Teaser Video For “My First And Last” MV
- ↑ Soompi: Watch: NCT Dream Rules The School In “My First And Last” MV
- ↑ Soompi: NCT Dream Fires Up Music Charts With “The First”
- ↑ Soompi: Watch: NCT Dream Drops Energetic And Fun Performance Video For “My First And Last”
- ↑ Soompi: Watch: NCT Dream Takes 1st Ever Win With “My First And Last” On “The Show,” Performances By NCT 127, SF9, And More
- ↑ FIFA: NCT DREAM appointed FIFA U-20 World Cup Korea Republic 2017 LOC ambassadors
- ↑ FIFA: 코리아 2017 대회 오피셜송 ‘Trigger the Fever’ 공개
- ↑ Soompi: Update: NCT Dream Announces Release Date For 1st Mini Album “We Young”
- ↑ Soompi: Watch: NCT Dream’s Chenle Features In Summery Teasers For “We Young”
- ↑ Soompi: Watch: NCT Dream Shares Jisung’s Teasers For “We Young”
- ↑ Soompi: Watch: NCT Dream’s Haechan Features In New Teasers For “We Young”
- ↑ Soompi: Watch: NCT Dream Shares “We Young” Teasers For Renjun
- ↑ Soompi: Watch: NCT Dream’s Jeno Features In Teasers For “We Young”
- ↑ Soompi: NCT Dream’s Jaemin Shares Photo Of Himself And Updates Fans On His Condition
- ↑ Soompi: NCT Dream Shares Fun Group Photos For Mini Album “We Young”
- ↑ Soompi: Watch: NCT Dream Shares Fun Teaser For “We Young” MV
- ↑ Soompi: Watch: NCT Dream Sings “We Young” In New MV
- ↑ Soompi: Watch: NCT Dream Wows Fans With Dance Practice Video For “We Young”
- ↑ Soompi: Watch: NCT Dream Surprises Fans With Special MV For “My Page”
- ↑ 37.0 37.1 37.2 37.3 37.4 Soompi: Update: NCT Dream Snuggles Up With Bunnies For A Christmas Nap In Teaser For SM STATION “Joy” MV
- ↑ Soompi: Watch: NCT Dream Spreads Holiday “Joy” With New SM Station MV
- ↑ Soompi: NCT Dream Talks About Mark’s Lyrical Contribution + Why Jisung Was Scared During Their “Joy” MV
- ↑ Soompi: Watch: NCT Dream Unveils New Teasers For “Go”
- ↑ 41.0 41.1 41.2 41.3 41.4 41.5 41.6 41.7 Soompi: Update: NCT Dream Gives Another Look At “We Go Up” Concept Ahead Of MV Release Today
- ↑ Soompi: Watch: NCT Dream Returns With Energetic MV For “We Go Up”
- ↑ Soompi: NCT Dream Tells Stories From Their “We Go Up” Comeback
- ↑ 44.0 44.1 44.2 44.3 44.4 Soompi: Update: NCT Dream Transforms Into Film Crew In Nostalgic “Candle Light” MV Teaser
- ↑ Soompi: Watch: NCT Dream Brings Warmth To Winter With “Candle Light” MV
- ↑ 46.0 46.1 46.2 Soompi: Mark Confirmed To Graduate From NCT Dream This Year
- ↑ 47.0 47.1 Soompi: NCT Dream Holds A Fun Graduation Ceremony For Mark
- ↑ 48.0 48.1 48.2 48.3 Soompi: Update: SM STATION Shares New Teasers For NCT Dream And HRVY’s Collaboration
- ↑ Soompi: Watch: NCT Dream And HRVY Say They “Don’t Need Your Love” In MV For SM STATION Collaboration
- ↑ 50.0 50.1 50.2 Soompi: NCT Dream Appointed As Global Ambassador Of World Scout Foundation + To Release Special Track
- ↑ @SMTOWN on Twitter: 23일 미국 웨스트버지니아에서 펼쳐지는 세계 최대 규모 청소년 축제 ‘세계 스카우트 잼버리대회' 24회 개막식을 빛낼 NCT DREAM의 무대도 기대 많이 해주세요! #NCT #NCTDREAM #WorldScoutFoundation #Fireflies
- ↑ 52.0 52.1 Soompi: Update: NCT Dream Gifts Fans With Bright And Cheerful “Fireflies” MV For 3rd Anniversary
- ↑ 53.00 53.01 53.02 53.03 53.04 53.05 53.06 53.07 53.08 53.09 53.10 Soompi: Update: NCT Dream Shares Spellbinding MV Teaser For “Boom” Comeback
- ↑ 54.0 54.1 Soompi: Watch: NCT Dream Releases New Vertical Video Of “Boom”
- ↑ Soompi: NCT Dream To Hold 1st Solo Concert “The Dream Show”
- ↑ SM Entertainment: 'Best Teenager team' NCT DREAM 's 1st Japanese mini album 'THE DREAM' tops the Oricon Daily Chart
- ↑ 57.0 57.1 57.2 Soompi: NCT Dream Announces Comeback + Plans For Future Activities Including Mark