2015: SIXTEEN, TWICE
On May 5, 2015, she became a contestant on JYP's newest survival show, SIXTEEN. She finished the survival in 4th place, hence becoming a member of the girl group TWICE. They officially debuted on October 20, 2015 with their first mini album, The Story Begins.
On August 27, JYP Entertainment released a statement saying that after professional examinations, Mina was diagnosed with anxiety disorder. The main characteristics of symptoms are continuous anxiety or intermittent anxiety that occurs unexpectedly and also sudden changes in anxiety level. Based on this, her participation in the group's activities is being discussed with her and the members and has to be decided entirely based on Mina's objective state of health.
On February 12, 2020, JYP commented on Mina's appearance at the concert in Fukuoka by saying that the condition of her health has stabilized. It was also stated that further activities will be carried out with consideration of her health.
- SIXTEEN (Mnet, 2015) - contestant
Music video appearances
- Junho - "Feel" (2014)
- miss A - "Only You" (2015)
- J.Y. Park - "Fire" (feat. Conan O'Brien, Steven Yeun, & Jimin Park) (2016)
Producing and writing credits
|2018||TWICE||"Shot Thru The Heart"||Summer Nights||Writing|
- Mina got casted while shopping with her mom. She auditioned for JYP in Japan and joined the trainee program in South Korea on January 2, 2014.
- She is the member who had the shortest training period (1 year) before debuting as a member of Twice.
- Mina studied ballet for 11 years before joining Urizip Dance School for more modern dance training.
- Mina was born in Texas, USA, but moved to Japan as a toddler. Previously, due to her birthright, she held both US and Japanese passports, but had to give one up before she turned 22 as per Japanese nationality law. It is currently unknown which citizenship she retained.
- Mina loves ketchup and claimed she can eat it with anything.
- Mina is the best swimmer in the group, and can surf.
- She is a huge gamer.
- In Japanese, her name Mina (南) means "south".
- Other members of TWICE have expressed amazement that Mina is able to stay in bed all day long.
- Mina has a dog named Ray, who is male and 10 years old. She worries for him because he is very old.
- She was nominated for "The 100 Most Beautiful Faces of 2020".
- Her MBTI personality is ISFP-T (Adventurer). Same as Jihyo. 
- Main article: Mina (TWICE)/Gallery
- ↑ (KR) Nate: '식스틴' JYP의 미래 짊어질 9인, 걸그룹 트와이스 탄생 (종합)
- ↑ Soompi: TWICE's Mina To Not Participate In "TWICELIGHTS" Tour Due To Health Concerns
- ↑ Soompi: JYP Entertainment Explains Health Condition Of TWICE's Mina + Plans For Upcoming Activities
- ↑ Soompi: JYP Entertainment Reveals Update On Health Of TWICE's Mina
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Koreaboo: Here’s How Each TWICE Member Was Discovered, And Signed To JYP
- ↑ Elite Daily: Who Is TWICE's Mina? 5 Things You Need To Know
- ↑ Koreaboo: TWICE’s Mina Is Basically A Modern-Day Princess
- ↑ The Korean Herald: V Report Plus Who’s the best swimmer in Twice?
- ↑ Koreaboo: 5 Idols you didn’t realize were actually huge gamer nerds
- ↑ 180410 SBS Power FM "Choi Hwajung's Power Time' with TWICE
- ↑ V LIVE
- ↑ @tccandler on Instagram (May 8, 2020)
- ↑ Finding TWICE's MBTI EP.MINA
(Both accounts are currently not used by her)