- For other people known as 'Mina', see Mina.
2015: SIXTEEN, debut with TWICE
On May 5, 2015, she became a contestant on JYP's newest survival show, SIXTEEN. She finished the survival in 4th place, hence becoming a member of the girl group TWICE. The group officially debuted on October 20, 2015 with their first mini album, The Story Begins.
On July 11, 2019, it was announced from JYPE that Mina would stop participating in TWICE's world tour TWICELIGHTS due to struggling with sudden extreme anxiety and insecurity towards performing on stage.
On August 27, JYPE released a statement saying that after professional examinations, Mina was diagnosed with anxiety disorder. The main characteristics of symptoms are continuous anxiety or intermittent anxiety that occurs unexpectedly and also sudden changes in anxiety level. Based on this, her participation in the group's activities is being discussed with her and the members and has to be decided entirely based on Mina's objective state of health.
On February 12, 2020, JYP commented on Mina's appearance at the concert in Fukuoka by saying that the condition of her health has stabilized. It was also stated that further activities will be carried out with consideration of her health.
- SIXTEEN (Mnet, 2015) - contestant
Music video appearances
- Junho - "Feel" (2014)
- miss A - "Only You" (2015)
- J.Y. Park - "Fire" (feat. Conan O'Brien, Steven Yeun, & Jimin Park) (2016)
- Yes, I Am Mina (2020)
- All credits adapted from KOMCA, unless stated.
|TWICE||"Shot Thru The Heart"||Summer Nights||Writing|
- Mina was cast while shopping with her mom. She auditioned for JYP in Japan and joined the trainee program in South Korea on January 2, 2014.
- She is the member who had the shortest training period (1 year) before debuting as a member of Twice.
- Mina studied ballet for 11 years before joining Urizip Dance School for more modern dance training.
- Mina was born in Texas, USA, but moved to Japan as a toddler. Previously, due to her birthright, she held both US and Japanese passports, but had to give one up before she turned 22 as per Japanese nationality law. According the Q2 2019 Quarterly Publication of Individuals Who Have Chosen to Expatriate published by the US Internal Revenue Service, she gave up her US citizenship in 2019.
- Mina loves ketchup and claimed she can eat it with anything.
- Mina is the best swimmer in the group, and can surf.
- She is a huge gamer.
- Other members of TWICE have expressed amazement that Mina is able to stay in bed all day long.
- Mina has a dog named Ray, who is male and 10 years old. She worries for him because he is very old.
- She was nominated for "The 100 Most Beautiful Faces of 2020".
- Her MBTI personality is ISFP-T (Adventurer). Same as Jihyo.
- She was a part of the all-female non-professional soccer club called 'FC Rumor W', along with other idols, such as her fellow leader Jihyo, Sejeong and Nayoung of gugudan, Jeonghwa of EXID, Hayoung of Apink and U.Ji (former of BESTie), and also non-celebrities. On August 11, 2020, it was announced by Hayoung that she and other idols, including Mina, decided to leave the team after the controversy surrounding it became too big.
- Main article: Mina (TWICE)/Gallery
(Both accounts are currently not used by her)