Lana (Korea: 라나; Chinese: 拉娜; stylized as LANA) is a Russian singer-songwriter and rapper under HiCC.
Based in South Korea, she debuted as the first solo Russian idol on June 27, 2019 with the single "Take The Wheel".
In an interview with Sports Seoul in August 2018, she revealed that she had been a trainee under Thought Entertainment from 2016 to February 2018, where she was preparing to make her idol solo debut, however, it was cancelled without any notice. Then, she left the agency and joined HiCC.
2019: Solo debut
On June 27, she officially made her solo debut with the digital single "Take The Wheel".
2020: Produce Camp 2020
On March 11, Lana revealed that she would became a contestant on the Chinese reality survival show, Produce Camp 2020, under Bates MeThinks Entertainment. She was eliminated in episode 9 after ranking 22nd place.
Prior to moving to Korea, she attended Russian Academy of Arts in Moscow, Russia. She then went onto studying Korean in a language school for a year before entering university to study Political Science and Diplomacy at Sungkyunkwan University in Seoul, South Korea and received a scholarship.
- Welcome, First Time in Korea? (MBC Every 1, 2017) - Episodes 10–13
- Non-Summit (2017, JTBC) - Episode 152
- Russia World Cup Soccer Special (KBS, 2018)
- Problematic Men (tvN, 2019) - Episode 191
- Korean Foreigner (MBC Every 1, 2019) - Episode 48
- Video Star (MBC Every 1, 2020) - Episode 178
- Produce Camp 2020 (Tencent, 2020) - contestant
Music video appearances
- J Cat - "Face Time" (feat. Rick Bridges, WD, Heavy Ray & Y$$L) (2019)
- Lana is the first Russian idol to make a solo debut in the K-pop industry.
- She is a quarter Tatar through her father's ancestry.
- She is fluent in Russian, Korean and English.
- She trained for 2 years before debuting.
- Lana is skilled in dance and knows ballet, jazz, waltz and traditional Russian folk dance.
- She has been learning dance from an early age.
- She can play the piano.
- She graduated from the prestigious Russian Academy of Arts with straight A's.
- She achieved a perfect credit score of 4.0 during the second semester of her first year of attending Sungkyunkwan University which earned her a scholarship.
- In Korea, she joined a dance crew and did busking for three months.
- Prior to becoming a trainee, she worked as a part-time model.
- After watching the drama Boys Over Flowers, she found the Korean language and pronunciation beautiful, and after initially self-studying the language, she travelled to Korea to learn the language following her high school graduation in 2014.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 YouTube: (Talk) International Lana! Reading Comments
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 Sports Seoul: "Welcome Svetlana - Idol Debut in Winter"
- ↑ Kpopmap: Lana Releases New Single "Make it Real"
- ↑ @Hicc_LANA on Twitter (March 11, 2020)
- ↑ Produce Camp 2020: Episodes 1-9
- ↑ Welcome, First Time in Korea?: Episodes 10-13
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 7.3 Problematic Men: Episode 191
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 Koreaboo: Meet K-Pop's First Ever Russian Idol Whose Visuals Will Stun You Senseless
- ↑ Abnormal Summit: Episode 152