Koo Hara (구하라; also known as Goo Hara or simply Hara) was a South Korean singer and actress. She was a former member of the girl group KARA.
She made her solo debut on July 21, 2015 with the mini album Alohara (Can You Feel It?).
Hara filed a lawsuit against her ex-boyfriend and hairdresser Choi Jong Bum in October 2018 who had threatened her with blackmail after filming a sex tape that without her consent. On August 29, 2019, he was given a prison sentence of one year and six months, suspended for three years on four of the five charges against him but was acquitted of the charge related to the sex tape. Hara's legal representatives announced that they would appeal the sentence.
On May 26, 2019, she was founded unconscious by her manager at her home after a suicide attempt. She was then admitted to hospital and recovered.
On November 24, 2019, she was found dead at around 6 pm KST at her home in Gangnam, Seoul following a suicide attempt.
- Alohara (Can You Feel It?) (2015)
- "Magic of Love" (as HARA+) (2013)
- "City Hunters OST Special" ("I Love U, I Want U, I Need U (Sweet Acoustic ver.)") (2011)
- "발자국 소리 OST" ("공기의 모습 (Narration)", "논소체 (Narration)", "사랑은 사막을 지나는 낙타 (Narration)") (2017)
- "Jugglers OST Part.8" (2018)
- "Secret Love" (2012)
- "Midnight Queen" (2019)
- "Wild" (2018)
- Hara Zepp Tour 2019 ～Hello～ (2019)
- In 2020, Instagram made updates to its application and brought the function of memorializing accounts of those who passed away, so the account become a place full of good memories from the time when they were alive, and so that the account do not get deleted due to inactivity. Hara's account was one of those memorialized.
- Allkpop: Hara's ex-boyfriend Choi Jong Bum receives sentence & Hara's legal reps respond
- Soompi: Choi Jong Bum Receives Suspended Sentence And Goo Hara's Legal Reps Respond + Prosecution Appeals
- Yonhap: Singer Goo Ha-ra moved to hospital after suicide attempt
- Yonhap: K-pop Diva Goo Ha-ra Found Dead at Her Home
- @koohara__ on Instagram