Kingdom (킹덤; or Kingdom : Legendary War) is a reality survival show that airs on Mnet every Thursday at 7:50 p.m. KST starting from April 1, 2021. It was supposed to broadcast in the second half of 2020 but was postponed due to COVID-19.
Kingdom is a sequel to Queendom and will puts male teams head-to-head in a comeback battle. Unlike Queendom, Kingdom had a preliminary season, Road to Kingdom, in which seven male groups competed for a spot in the final lineup of Kingdom.
An introduction stage was streamed live on YouTube on February 23 at 8 p.m. KST. Voting took place on the Whosfan mobile application.
- 1 MCs
- 2 Cast
- 3 Points breakdown & rules
- 4 Rounds
- 5 Discography
- 6 Gallery
- 7 Trivia
- 8 References
- 9 Official links
Points breakdown & rules
The overall final ranking of the show is based on the following criteria:
- Self-evaluation points (25%)
- Experts' voting (25%)
- Global voting (40%)
- Performance video view count (10%)
Introduction stage - 100 Seconds Performances
The six boy groups will each perform one of their hit songs (that have won 1st place in a music show) for a 100-second performance that will best express themselves.
- Except for the final performing boy group, which is decided by prior voting by the groups themselves of who they expect will win first place in this introductory stage. The first performing boy group is decided by the latter boy group who will themselves be performing last. After the first boy group has performed, they will decide on the second performing boy group, and the second boy group that has performed will then decide on the third performing boy group. The process goes on until the final boy group and all performances have been completed.
- The introduction performances will be streamed live through Mnet's YouTube channel on February 23, 2021. Voting via the Whosfan app for the round started after the live stream (from 20:15 (KST)) and closed on February 27, 2021 at 23:59 (KST). Viewers will vote for their top 3 performances.
- The winning boy group for this round will get 1,000 points, plus the benefit of arranging the cue sheet for the next round of performances.
Round 1 - To the World
The six boy groups each perform one (or two) of their representative hit songs, which are rearranged and different from their usual stages of the song.
- Voting via the Whosfan app for the round started from April 15 at 22:00 (KST) and closed on April 18 at 23:59 (KST). Viewers will vote for their top 3 performances.
- Experts' votes come from 30 professional judges, and each judge will have 3 votes to cast.
- For self-evaluation, each boy group will hold 3 votes, and will vote for other boy groups other than their own group.
- The winning boy group for this round will get 20,000 points.
Round 2 - RE-BORN
The six boy groups will exchange songs, perform and rearrange them into a different style.
- Voting via the Whosfan app for the round started from April 29 at 22:00 (KST) and closes on May 2 at 23:59 (KST). Viewers will vote for their top 3 performances.
- Views will only be counted for the first three days after the full versions of performances are released on Mnet's official YouTube channel.
Round 3 - No Limit
The premise of "No Limit" is that there are no restrictions for the performances in this round. A total of 40,000 points will be awarded in this round.
- This round will be divided into two parts. The first parts involves the six individual groups being sorted into two larger teams (selected by ATEEZ, the highest scoring team in the previous round in terms of the total points in experts' votes plus self-evaluation). Each large team then divides its members into three smaller units - a dance unit, a vocal unit, and a rap unit, based on each individual idol's specialty. The corresponding units in each group will go against each other over three rounds - dance, vocal, and rap. The winning group in each of the three rounds will earn 5,000 points, which will be evenly distributed. The awarding of points is solely based on which group won each round. A total of 15,000 points are up for grabs.
- The second part will be back in individual groups, with a total of 25,000 points to be distributed, in the same way as the other rounds. However, for the idol group's self-evaluations, each group can only vote for two teams, instead of three in previous rounds.
Final round - Who Is The King
The six boy groups will each perform a newly produced song live on the final episode. The new songs will be released digitally on May 28, 2021 at 12:00 (KST).
- Voting for this round includes live text votes for voters living in South Korea, and through Whosfan app for overseas fans.
- Digitals rankings will be determined via Gaon Music Chart for South Korea, and via Apple Music for overseas, from the time of release to June 1, 2021.
|Order||Artist||Performance name||Global votes||Ranking||Points|
|2||BTOB||Beautiful Pain (Choir ver.)||540,215||3rd||0.000|
|3||SF9||Good Guy (The Glory)||533,458||4th||0.000|
|5||THE BOYZ||The Stealer (Epic ver.)||573,026||2nd||0.000|
|6||iKON||Rhythm Ta (Kingdom ver.)||489,971||6th||0.000|
Notes: The performances were aired via live stream on February 23, 2021, through Mnet's YouTube channel. Voting period was from February 23 to 27, and the results were announced during the first episode on April 1, 2021 for groups ranked 3 to 5. The groups ranked 1, 2, and 6 were revealed during the second episode on April 8, 2021.
|Order||Artist||Performance name||Experts' vote||Self-evaluation points||YouTube views||Global voting||Total points|
|1||THE BOYZ||No Air (A Song of Ice and Fire)||3: 1,000.000||4: 833.333||TBA||TBA||3: 3,142.066|
|2||iKON||Love Scenario & Killing Me (Kingdom ver.)||5: 333.333||5: 555.556||TBA||TBA||5: 2,747,719|
|3||BTOB||Missing You (Theatre ver.)||5: 333.333||2: 1,111.111||TBA||TBA||4: 2,969.431|
|4||Stray Kids||Jasin (Oneself 'Ja', Ghost 'Sin')||2: 1,333.333||2: 1,111.111||TBA||TBA||1: 4,679.776|
|5||ATEEZ||Symphony No.9 (From the Wonderland)||1: 1,555.556||1: 1,388.889||TBA||TBA||2: 4,418.537|
|6||SF9||Jealous||4: 444.444||6: 0.000||TBA||TBA||6: 2,042.471|
|Order||Artist||Performance name||Original artist||Experts' vote||Self-evaluation points||YouTube views||Global voting||Total points|
|1||SF9||The Stealer (The Scene)||THE BOYZ||4: 748.126||1: 1,388.889||6: 144.425||5: 1,213.682||3rd: 3,494.122|
|2||THE BOYZ||O Sole Mio (The Red Wedding)||SF9||2: 919.540||6: 0.000||4: 291.483||2: 1,323.199||6th: 2,534.222|
|3||iKON||Inception (iKON ver.)||ATEEZ||3: 862.069||3: 833.333||2: 403.639||4: 1,280.600||5th: 3,379.641|
|4||ATEEZ||Rhythm Ta (The Awakening of Summer)||iKON||1: 1,321.839||3: 833.333||3: 305.001||6: 1,146.890||1st: 3,607.063|
|5||BTOB||Back Door||Stray Kids||5: 632.184||1: 1,388.889||5: 284.497||3: 1,293.133||2nd: 3,598,703|
|6||Stray Kids||Pray (I'll Be Your Man) (Stray Kids ver.)||BTOB||6: 517.241||5: 555.556||1: 570.954||1: 1,742.497||4th: 3,386.248|
|Order||Unit||Artist||Performance name||Special judges' votes||Total points||Ranking|
|1||It's One (Rap)||Bobby (iKON)
Sunwoo (THE BOYZ)
|2||Mayfly (Rap)||Hongjoong (ATEEZ)
Bang Chan, Changbin, Han (Stray Kids)
|3||It's One (Dance)||Donghyuk (iKON)
Juyeon (THE BOYZ)
|King and Queen||11||0.000||2nd|
|4||Mayfly (Dance)||Lee Know, Felix, I.N (Stray Kids)
Wooyoung, San, Yunho, Yeosang, Seonghwa (ATEEZ)
|5||It's One (Vocal)||Sangyeon, New (THE BOYZ)
Inseong, Jaeyoon (SF9)
Ju-ne, Jinhwan (iKON)
|6||Mayfly (Vocal)||Jongho (ATEEZ)
Seungmin (Stray Kids)
|Order||Artist||Song||Experts' vote||Self-Evaluation points||YouTube views||Global voting||Total points||Notes|
|1||iKON||Classy Savage||5: 462.96||3: 1,041.67||TBA||TBA||5: 1,504.63||Featuring Lisa of BLACKPINK|
|2||Stray Kids||God's Ddu-Du-Ddu-Du||1: 2,083.33||5: 1,041.67||TBA||TBA||2: 3,125.00|
|3||BTOB||Blue Moon (Cinema Ver)||4: 578.70||1: 1,1562.50||TBA||TBA||3: 2,141.20||Special Guest: Miyeon of (G)I-DLE|
|4||ATEEZ||Answer: Ode To Joy||5: 462.96||6: 0.000||TBA||TBA||6: 462.96||Featuring La Poem|
|5||SF9||Move||2: 1851.85||2: 1,562.50||TBA||TBA||1: 3,414.35|
|6||THE BOYZ||Monster (Stormborn)||3: 810.19||3: 1,041.67||TBA||TBA||4: 1,851.85|
Notes: The unit performances were evaluated by a total of 33 special judges who voted on-site to decide which unit won each round (rap, dance and vocal). The special judges include the SUPER JUNIOR members Shindong & Donghae, producer and CEO of Brand New Music Rhymer, idol hitmaker Shinsadong Tiger, music critic Kim Youngdae, production team MonoTree, choreographer Lia Kim and idol group members of BDC, Weeekly, TRI.BE and MIRAE.
|1||iKON||"At Ease" (열중쉬어)|
|2||THE BOYZ||"Kingdom Come"|
|3||ATEEZ||"The Real" (멋)|
|6||BTOB||"Show And Prove" (피날레)|
|Rank||Artist||Introduction stage points||Round 1 points||Round 2 points||Round 3 (Part 1) points||Round 3 (Part 2) points||Final round points||Total points|
|1st||Stray Kids||1: 1,000.000||1: 4,679.776||4: 3,386.248|
|2nd||ATEEZ||5: 0.000||2: 4,418.537||1: 3,607.063|
|3rd||BTOB||3: 0.000||4: 2,969.431||2: 3,598.703|
|4th||iKON||6: 0.000||5: 2,747,719||5: 3,279.641|
|5th||THE BOYZ||2: 0.000||3: 3,142.066||6: 2,534.222|
|6th||SF9||4: 0.000||6: 2,042.471||3: 2,494.122|
- "Kingdom - Re-Born Part. 1" (2021)
- Starship Entertainment turned down Mnet's offer for MONSTA X.
- BTOB initially turned down the offer but ultimately accepted after in-depth discussions.