She made her solo debut on May 31, 2021 with the special album Hello.
- 1 Career
- 2 Personal life
- 3 Discography
- 4 Filmography
- 5 Producing & writing credits
- 6 Endorsements
- 7 Trivia
- 8 Gallery
- 9 References
- 10 Official links
During her second year of middle school, she fell in love with music and the stage when she performed on stage for the school festival. That was when her friends suggested her to audition and she decided to become a singer. Joy then auditioned for SM Entertainment through the SM Global Audition in Seoul in 2012 and passed.
2014: Debut with Red Velvet
2017: Acting debut
She made her acting debut in 2017 through the tvN drama The Liar and His Lover.
2021: Solo debut
On May 12, 2021, Star News reported that Joy would be releasing her first solo album at the end of the month. Her agency, SM, confirmed that she is working on a remake album and that a detailed schedule will be announced soon.
On August 23, 2021, Sports Chosun reported that Joy and Crush were dating. An hour later, both agencies confirmed and commented that they recently began dating with good feelings toward each other.
- Hello (2021)
- "Je T'aime" (2021)
- "Young Love" (with Yook Sungjae) (2016)
- "Always In My Heart" (with Im Seul Ong) (2016)
- "Inkigayo Music Crush Part.4" ("First Christmas" with Doyoung) (2016)
- "The Liar and His Lover OST" ("Yeowooya" , "I'm OK" with Lee Hyun-woo, "Your Days", "Shiny Boy", "Waiting For You", "The Way to Me") (2017)
- "Tempted OST Part.2" ("Nonsense") (2018)
- "The Ghost Detective OST Part.6" ("Dream Me" with Mark) (2018)
- "Hospital Playlist OST Part. 2" ("Introduce Me a Good Person") (2020)
- "Romance 101 X Joy" ("Why Isn't Love Always Easy?") (2021)
- SMTown: The Stage (2015)
- Trolls World Tour (2020)
- Descendants of the Sun (KBS, 2016) - Cameo, Episode 16
- The Boy Next Door (Naver TV Cast, 2017) - Cameo, Episode 7-8
- The Liar and His Lover (tvN, 2017)
- Tempted (MBC, 2018)
- Only One Person (JTBC, 2021)
- We Got Married (with Yook Sungjae) (MBC, 2015-2016)
- Trick & True (KBS, 2016-2017) - since Episode 5
- Oppa Thinking (MBC, 2017) - Pilot Episode
- King of Mask Singer (MBC, 2017) - as "Bandabi" (Episodes 121-122)
- Sugar Man 2 (JTBC, 2018) - MC
- Pajama Friends (Lifetime, 2018) - MC
- Get It Beauty 2019 (OnStyle, 2019) - MC
- Salty Tour (tvN, 2020) - Guest Evaluator (Episodes 105-107)
- Handsome Tigers (SBS, 2020) - Manager
- Happy Together 4 (KBS2, 2020) - Guest (Episode 65)
- Salty Tour (tvN, 2020) - Guest Evaluator (Episodes 116-119)
- Animal Farm (SBS, 2021) - Host
Producing & writing credits
|Joy and Yook Sung-jae||"Young Love"||N/A||Writing|
- Fitz (2018)
- Espoir (2019)
- UGGLife (2019)
- Aveda (2019)
- Tods (2021)
- Joy has had various nicknames including: Doongdoongie, Malgeumie, Cute Joy, Miss Korea, and Sexy Dynamite.
- After receiving praise for performing a cover of the Korean rock band Cherry Filter’s song "Flying Duck", Joy was influenced to become a singer.
- She wasn’t part of the SM Rookie’s pre-debut team.
- In 2015, she joined the show "We Got Married" with BTOB's Yook Sungjae, and went on to win the New Star Award and Best Couple at the MBC Entertainment Awards.
- In 2017, Joy debuted as an actress in the lead role of her first drama The Liar and His Lover, and won the Newcomer Award at the OSEN Cable TV Awards. In 2018 she acted in her second lead role in the drama Tempted, and was nominated for Best Actress and Rookie of the Year at the MBC Drama Awards.
- In July 2017, Joy appeared on King of Mask Singer where she won her first round of the singing competition program and performed under the alias of Bandabi.
- Joy has been ranked as the top girl group member in terms of brand value in March 2018, May 2018, January 2020, and February 2020.
- In 2018 Joy endorsed Fitz Beer, and from 2019 Joy is currently the muse of pro Korean makeup brand eSpoir.
- Joy has hosted various television programs, most notably Sugarman 2 in 2018 with Yoo Jae-suk, You Hee-yeol, and Park Na-rae, Pajama Friends with Song Ji-hyo and Jang Yoon-ju, and Get It Beauty.
- In 2019 Joy became the main host alongside Jang Yoon-ju of Asia's most popular beauty program Get It Beauty.
- Joy was confirmed by K-pop Radar to be the K-pop artist with the most Instagram followers who opened an account in 2019.
- In 2020, Joy became a main cast member of the show Handsome Tigers, alongside Cha Eunwoo, Yoo Seonho, Lee Sangyoon, and Seo Janghoon.
- In 2020, Joy was named the new official model and face of Aveda, and continued to be the muse of eSpoir Makeup.
- In February 2020, Joy was invited as a VIP guest of Michael Kors to attend New York Fashion Week, with Vogue Magazine calling Joy "one of K-pop’s brightest stars" and stating that she "could moonlight as a model".
- In February 2020, Joy was nominated for Best Female Variety Idol by the Brand Customer Loyalty Awards.
- In 2020, Joy donated 10 million won for the Community Chest of Korea to help support those affected by the 2019–20 coronavirus pandemic.
- Joy wanted to be a kindergarten teacher or veterinarian when she was younger.
- Her favorite color is green and also serves as her symbolic color.
- If she was to compare herself to a fruit, she would be an apple.
- When she made her debut, her fans commonly called her "green apple" but Joy says as she ages she is turning into a "red apple".
- Main article: Joy (Red Velvet)/Gallery