Eyes on me! The moment we become one, everyone pays attention! Hello, we are IZ*ONE!
IZ*ONE (Korean: 아이즈원; Japanese: アイズワン; pronounced as "eyes one") is a twelve-member project girl group under Off The Record Entertainment and Swing Entertainment. They were formed through Mnet's competition reality show Produce 48 and officially debuted on October 29, 2018 with mini album COLOR*IZ.
They will be active for two and a half years on a special contract before disbanding on April 29, 2021.
- 1 History
- 1.1 Pre-debut: Produce 48
- 1.2 2018: Off the Record Entertainment and Color*IZ
- 1.3 2019 (1): "Suki to Iwasetai", Heart*IZ, Eyes On Me and "Buenos Aires"
- 1.4 2019 (2): "Vampire", BLOOM*IZ, vote-rigging controversy and hiatus
- 1.5 2020: Japanese label changes, resumption of activities, co-managing of Swing Ent.
- 2 Members
- 3 Discography
- 4 Filmography
- 5 Concerts
- 6 Fanmeetings
- 7 Endorsements
- 8 Awards and nominations
- 9 Gallery
- 10 References
- 11 Official links
Pre-debut: Produce 48
In early 2018, Mnet announced the third installment to their Produce 101 franchise which aimed to bring together 48 Korean trainees from several entertainment companies and 48 Japanese idols from the J-pop idol group AKB48 and their sister groups to form a girl group with 12 members chosen by the viewers.
Produce 48 premiered on June 15, 2018 and the live finale was broadcast in August 31, 2018, with the top 12 winners becoming a girl group named IZ*ONE. Of the top 12 winners, Miyawaki Sakura and Yabuki Nako had already debuted in HKT48, Honda Hitomi in AKB48, while Kwon Eun Bi was previously in girl group Ye-A under the stage name Kazoo but left the group in late 2014, Jo Yuri is a former contestant of another Mnet survival show Idol School which created the girl group fromis_9, while the final winner Lee Chae Yeon was a well-known contestant in another competition show called SIXTEEN which created the girl group TWICE.
2018: Off the Record Entertainment and Color*IZ
IZ*ONE was announced to be preparing for a full debut on October 29, 2018 with their debut mini album, COLOR*IZ.
2019 (1): "Suki to Iwasetai", Heart*IZ, Eyes On Me and "Buenos Aires"
On January 20, IZ*ONE held their Japanese debut show-con in Tokyo Dome City Hall to promote their first Japanese single "Suki to Iwasetai". Five days after the event, the group released the music video for the song and views on YouTube surpassed 5 million within a week. The single was officially released on February 6.
On March 9, English DJ and producer Jonas Blue released a new version of his 2018 single "Rise", featuring the vocals of IZ*ONE. On April 1, the group released their second mini album, HEART*IZ, with "Violeta" as the album's title track. The album sold 132,109 copies in the first week which is a new record for girl groups at the time.
On May 2 and 3, IZ*ONE hold their first fanmeeting at the Nippon Budokan in Tokyo. From June 7 to 9, the group held their first solo concert titled [Eyes On Me] at the Jamsil Indoor Stadium in Seoul. After all tickets for the initial two concerts were sold out, Off The Record added one additional concert date on June 7.
2019 (2): "Vampire", BLOOM*IZ, vote-rigging controversy and hiatus
Following the conclusion of Produce X 101, vote rigging allegations surfaced after viewers noticed irregularities in the number of votes counted, which series PD Ahn Joon Young later admitted were rigged, as well as the votes for the other Produce 101 seasons, including Produce 48.
On October 30, the group released a concept trailer for their upcoming Korean comeback titled "When IZ your BLOOMing moment?", followed by the members and group concept photos. Their first full-length album titled BLOOM*IZ, was scheduled to be released on November 11 but has been postponed due to the severity of the events mentioned above, leaving the group on a hiatus.
On December 30, CJ ENM's CEO Heo Min Heoi held a press conference to make a formal apology regarding the manipulation controversy surrounding the Produce 101 series. He explained that CJ ENM will be compensating everyone harmed due to the incident. Regarding IZ*ONE and X1, he shared that they are working on plans for the groups to resume activities, and Mnet will give up all resulting profits towards a fund.
2020: Japanese label changes, resumption of activities, co-managing of Swing Ent.
On January 20, it was announced that Japanese management agency AKS would change up the company's name and divide up the management of its artists. From now on, the company will be operating under the name "Vernalossom" and will exclusively manage only IZ*ONE's Japanese activities, as well as the activities of any new artists and businesses. The agency's former artists including AKB48, HKT48 and NGT48 will establish a separate agency with a new name in order to continue their promotions.
On January 23, Mnet released a statement confirming plans for IZ*ONE to resume activities in February.
On February 3, the group released the cover image for Bloom*IZ on their SNS and confirmed their comeback date to be on February 17. The release of Bloom*IZ broke the K-pop girl group record for first-week album sales with 356,313 copies sold.
On March 9, Pledis Entertainment's CEO Han Sung Soo announced that he would be stepping down from his position as the general producer of IZ*ONE's releases. He had worked with them from the debut to the last album Bloom*IZ. Following this, it was announced on March 10 that Swing Entertainment would become involved in co-managing the girl group with Off The Record Entertainment.
|Jang Won Young||장원영||ジャンウォンヨン||Korean||Lead Dancer, Sub Vocalist, Sub Rapper, Center, Maknae|
|Miyawaki Sakura||미야와키 사쿠라||宮脇咲良||Japanese||Sub Vocalist, Sub Rapper, Visual|
|Jo Yu Ri||조유리||チョユリ||Korean||Main Vocalist|
|Choi Ye Na||최예나||チェイェナ||Korean||Main Rapper, Lead Vocalist, Lead Dancer|
|An Yu Jin||안유진||アンユジン||Korean||Lead Vocalist, Lead Dancer|
|Yabuki Nako||야부키 나코||矢吹奈子||Japanese||Sub Vocalist|
|Kwon Eun Bi||권은비||クォンウンビ||Korean||Leader, Main Dancer, Lead Vocalist|
|Kang Hye Won||강혜원||カンヘウォン||Korean||Lead Rapper, Sub Vocalist, Visual|
|Honda Hitomi||혼다 히토미||本田仁美||Japanese||Lead Dancer, Sub Vocalist, Sub Rapper|
|Kim Chae Won||김채원||キムチェウォン||Korean||
Lead Vocalist, Lead Dancer
|Kim Min Ju||김민주||キムミンジュ||Korean||Lead Rapper, Sub Vocalist, Visual|
|Lee Chae Yeon||이채연||イチェヨン||Korean||Main Dancer, Lead Vocalist, Lead Rapper|
- BLOOM*IZ (2020)
- Twelve (2020)
- Eyes On Me: The Movie (2020)
- IZ*ONE CHU (Mnet, 2018–2020)
- ENOZI Cam (YouTube-V Live, 2018–2019)
- IZ*ONE's First Steps in Japan (Abema TV, 2019)
- IZ*ONE CITY (MOBIDIC-SBS, 2019)
- IZ*ONE Arcade (Youtube, 2019)
- Overhit (2018)
- Salewa (2018)
- Skoolooks (2018)
- Gmarket (2019)
- Fever Basket (2019)
- Sudden Attack (2019)
Awards and nominations
- Main article: Awards and nominations received by IZ*ONE
- Main article: IZ*ONE/Gallery
- Soompi: IZ*ONE Reveals Fan Club Name On Debut Day
- Soompi: IZ*ONE And fromis_9 To Be Managed By New Agency
- (KR) inews24: 오프더레코드, 아이즈원·프로미스나인 매니지먼트 맡아
- Kpop Love: IZ*ONE Successful Japanese Showcase Marking International Debut
- @IZONEGLOBALTWT on Twitter: January 31, 2019 tweet
- Soompi: IZ*ONE Sets New Girl Group Record For First Week Album Sales With “HEART*IZ”
- IZ*ONE Official Website: IZ*ONE 1ST CONCERT [EYES ON ME] IN SEOUL Additional Concert Ticket Open Announcement
- Soompi: TWICE And IZ*ONE's Japanese Singles Go Platinum
- Soompi: IZ*ONE's Single "Vampire" Goes Gold In Japan
- The Korea Times: 'Producer 101' director admits more vote-rigging
- Soompi: IZ*ONE Introduces Dreamy World Of Fall Comeback Concept With Beautiful Trailer
- Herald Pop: 아이즈원, 11월 11일 첫 정규 앨범 '블룸아이즈'로 컴백...트레일러 영상 공개
- Soompi: IZ*ONE's Agency Announces Cancellation Of Comeback Showcase
- Soompi: Mnet Discusses Future Plans For X1 And IZ*ONE
- Soompi: CJ ENM Issues Formal Apology Regarding "Produce 101" Series Controversy + Reveals Update On IZ*ONE And X1
- Allkpop: AKB48's Japanese Company Announces Division of Management in Preparation for IZ*ONE's Return to Promotions
- Soompi: Mnet Confirms Plans For IZ*ONE To Resume Activities
- Soompi: IZ*ONE Announces Return With Comeback Date And Cover Image For 1st Studio Album “BLOOM*IZ”
- Soompi: IZ*ONE Officially Sets New K-Pop Girl Group Record For First Week Album Sales
- Soompi: Swing Entertainment Confirmed To Join Off The Record Entertainment In Co-Managing IZ*ONE