All in us! Hello, we are ITZY!
Prior to their debut, the members had previous experience in the industry. Chaeryeong was a contestant on the SBS competition show K-pop Star 3 in 2013. She then went to compete in JYP survival show SIXTEEN in 2015, however, she failed to become a member of the winning girl group, TWICE. Ryujin was a contestant on JTBC's survival show MIXNINE from 2017 to 2018 and she placed first for girls but lost in the final competition to the boys team. Yeji was a contestant on SBS' The Fan but was eliminated in episode 5. All of the members, with the exception of Lia, appeared in Mnet's reality show Stray Kids as a project group against the boy group Stray Kids in 2017.
2019: Debut with "IT'z Different", fandom name, first comeback with IT'z Icy, Premiere Showcase Tour
On January 20, JYP Entertainment released a prologue film introducing their next girl group, ITZY. The group consists of five members: Yuna, Ryujin, Chaeryeong, Lia, and Yeji.
On January 24, JYPE revealed the group would debut with the single "IT'z Different". On February 11, a music video teaser for the single's title track, "Dalla Dalla", was released. The music video was released on February 11 and the single on the 12th. The group held their live premiere the same day as the single's release. The music video for "Dalla Dalla" counted 13,933,725 views (manually, Youtube confirmed it to be 17.1 million views) in its first day, breaking the record for most viewed music videos in the first 24 hours by a K-pop group in its debut, which previously was of IZ*ONE with the song "La Vie En Rose".
On July 7, ITZY's fans gained a name: MIDZY. The name was revealed by the group's social medias, almost 5 months after their debut.
On July 29 at 12AM KST, the group released the music video for their comeback title track "Icy". The music video was seen 18 million times within its first day.
On September 22, JYPE announced ITZY's showcase tour titled ITZY Premiere Showcase Tour "ITZY? ITZY!". A showcase tour kicked off in Jakarta on November 2 which would then go on to different cities in Asia throughout the end of 2019 before heading to the United States for five shows in January 2020.
2020: IT'z Me, Not Shy
On January 28, it was reported that Itzy had finished filming their music video for a new song and are in the final stages of comeback preparations.
On February 19, the first teaser for IT'z ME the group's second mini album was revealed through social media, with "Wannabe" serving as the title track the mini album was released on March 9. The title song ‘"Wannabe" delivers the message of “One and only ME”, which is about showing their unique colors that do not live up to others standards.
The title song "Not Shy" is an up tempo R&B dance song with quick beats and intense saxophone, and candid vocals about the emotions of being deeply in love and not caring about how things will end.
2021: "Not Shy (English Ver.)", "Trust Me (MIDZY)", Guess Who, Crazy In Love and Japanese debut
The group released their first English digital single album "Not Shy (English Ver.)" on January 22. The single contains English versions of every title track of their previous releases.
On March 22, a teaser posted via the group's social medias announced they will make a comeback on April 30 with their fourth mini album called Guess Who. On April 12, it was revealed that the album's title track would be called "마.피.아. In the Morning", in an article JYPE revealed that the group would try to win the taste of global fans using a bolder and more intense charm. The album was released on April 30 at 12AM EDT (1PM KST).
On March 30 it was announced that the group would be the first-ever musical group signed to the brand Maybelline New York as the newest global spokesmodels. The group appeared first in Maybelline's Hypersharp Liner, Ultimatte Lipstick, and SuperStay Foundations campaigns in Asia during the spring.
On October 25, ITZY released a teaser for their debut Japanese best album IT'z ITZY that was released on December 22.
|Yeji (예지)||Leader, Main Dancer, Lead Vocalist, Rapper||Yellow||2019–present|
|Lia (리아)||Main Vocalist||Light Green||2019–present|
|Ryujin (류진)||Main Rapper, Lead Dancer, Vocalist, Center||Red||2019–present|
|Chaeryeong (채령)||Main Dancer, Vocalist||Purple||2019–present|
|Yuna (유나)||Lead Rapper, Lead Dancer, Vocalist, Visual, Maknae||Sky Blue||2019–present|
Concerts and tours
- ITZY Premiere Showcase Tour "ITZY? ITZY!" (2019-2020)
- ITZY The First Fan Party Live with Global MIDZY (2021)
- 100 Hours of Romantic Travel "Paris et ITZY" (Mnet, 2020)
Web reality shows
- ITZY? ITZY! (YouTube, 2019)
- I See ITZY (YouTube, 2019)
- A to Z <M2 Special – ITZY Vlog> "ITZY in Paris" (M2, YouTube 2019)
- ITZY IT'z Tourbook (YouTube, 2019–2020)
- Wanna Behind (YouTube, 2020)
- BU:Quest of ITZY (U+ Idol Live, YouTube, 2020)
- ITZY in Korea (M2, YouTube 2020)
- CSI : Codename Secret ITZY (YouTube, 2021)
- Line Friends: ITZY x Creative Academy (YouTube, 2020)
- IT'z Playtime (YouTube, 2021)
- 2TZY (YouTube, 2021)
- bㅣㄴ있지 (Naver Now, YouTube, 2021)
- Andar (2019)
- Lotte Duty Free (2019)
- MAC Cosmetics Korea (2019)
- Kia Soul (2019)
- Shopee (2019)
- Louis Vuitton (2019)
- Clalen (2019)
- Oreo (2019)
- TVING (2019)
- Tokopedia Indonesia (2020)
- LINE FRIENDS (2020)
- Maybelline New York (2021)
- Gourmet Chicken (2021)
Awards and nominations
- Main article: Awards and nominations received by ITZY
- Yeji is a former The Fan contestant.
- Ryujin is a former MIXNINE contestant.
- Chaeryeong is a former K-pop Star 3 and SIXTEEN contestant.
- On September 3, 2019, pre-debut profile photos of the group leaked on the internet, and something caught the eye of netizens. The photos did not include member Yuna, but Somi, which indicates that she was included in the group's line-up, but was replaced by Yuna when she left JYP Entertainment.
- Main article: ITZY/Gallery