Dream of me~ Hello, we are Dreamcatcher.
- 1 History
- 1.1 2014–2016: MINX
- 1.2 2017: Re-debut as Dreamcatcher, first comeback, Prequel, first world tour
- 1.3 2018: Escape the Era, Alone In The City, Japanese debut
- 1.4 2019: The End of Nightmare, first Japanese album, Raid of Dream
- 1.5 2020: Handong's absence, first Korean album, Dystopia : Lose Myself, "No More"
- 1.6 2021: Dystopia : Road to Utopia, "Eclipse"
- 2 Members
- 3 Discography
- 4 Concerts
- 5 Trivia
- 6 Gallery
- 7 References
- 8 Official links
On August 9, 2014, Happyface Entertainment teased the debut of a new five-member girl group at Oak Valley Summertime Festival. On September 15, Happyface officially announced the new girl group, titled MINX. Three days later, September 18, MINX debuted with the digital single "Why Did You Come To My Home?".
On July 2, 2015, MINX released their first mini album, Love Shake, and its title track of the same name.
Over a year since MINX's last release, on November 29, 2016, Happyface Entertainment announced that the group would re-debut under the name Dreamcatcher with MINX members JiU, SuA, Siyeon, Yoohyeon, and Dami as well as two new members. The two new members, Handong and Gahyeon, were revealed on December 1 and December 5 respectively.
2017: Re-debut as Dreamcatcher, first comeback, Prequel, first world tour
On January 13, 2017, Dreamcatcher officially debuted with their first single album "Nightmare" and its title track "Chase Me". With the single album's release, the group kicked off their Nightmare Series.
On March 17, a mysterious teaser photo posted on the group's social media accounts hinted at a possible first comeback on April 5. Individual teasers of all seven members posted on March 19 confirmed plans for a first comeback. Dreamcatcher made their first comeback on April 5 with their second single album "Nightmare · Fall Asleep In The Mirror" and its title track "Good Night".
On July 7, a teaser scheduler posted on the group's social media accounts announced the release of their first mini album, Prequel. The mini album, along with its title track "Fly High", was released on July 27.
On August 1, Happyface Entertainment announced that following the conclusion of promotions for Prequel, Dreamcatcher would embark on their very first world tour, visiting cities in Japan, South America, and Europe. The world tour, titled Dreamcatcher 1st Tour "Fly High", lasted from September 30, 2017 to February 25, 2018.
2018: Escape the Era, Alone In The City, Japanese debut
On January 4, 2018, Happyface Entertainment announced Dreamcatcher would be releasing a special digital single in celebration of their first anniversary since debut. The digital single, titled "Full Moon", was released on January 12 alongside a promotional music video. The next day, January 13, held a first anniversary fan-meeting at Mary Hall Grand Theatre at Sogang University, where they performed "Full Moon" for the first time. Tickets for the fan-meeting sold out without one-minute of being put on sale.
At the end of the promotional music video for "Full Moon", a message reading "Comeback in March" can be seen. However, on March 25, it was announced their comeback would be pushed back until May in order to improve the overall quality of the album.
On March 10, the group posted a video announcing their official fandom name to be "InSomnia". The name is derived from the Latin word 'Somnium' and its plural form 'Somnia', which means "dream" or "fantasy". The name represents how Dreamcatcher and their fans will be together forever, making lots of happy memories even when dreaming.
On April 24, a mysterious teaser image posted on the group's Instagram page hinted at the group's comeback album finally being released. A release scheduler posted on April 27 revealed that the group's second mini album, Nightmare · Escape the ERA, would be released on May 10. On this today, the mini album, along with its title track "You and I", were released. With the mini album's release, Dreamcatcher concluded their Nightmare Series.
From July 27 to August 5, Dreamcatcher embarked on their second world tour: Welcome To The Dream World. The tour featured 8 shows, including one in Taipei and seven throughout Latin America.
On September 2, a mysterious teaser image posted on the group's Instagram page hinted at an upcoming comeback. A release scheduler posted on September 6 announced that the group's third mini album, Alone In The City, was set to be released on September 20. On this day, the mini album, along with its title track "What", were released.
The group made their Japanese debut on November 21 with their first single "What -Japanese ver.-".
2019: The End of Nightmare, first Japanese album, Raid of Dream
On January 8, 2019, Happyface Entertainment announced that likewise to the group's first debut anniversary, Dreamcatcher would be releasing a special digital single to celebrate their second anniversary since debut. The digital single, titled "Over the Sky", was released on January 16.
Dreamcatcher released their fourth mini album, titled The End of Nightmare, on February 13 with "PIRI" serving as the album's title track. During the album's showcase on the same day, member JiU revealed that Happyface Entertainment had changed its name to Dreamcatcher Company to show support for the group.
On March 23, the group released their second Japanese single "Piri～Fue wo fuke～ -Japanese ver.-".
From March 20 to December 15, the group embarked on their third world tour, titled Dreamcatcher Concert "Invitation From Nightmare City". The tour visited cities in Asia, Europe, Australia, and the United States. Member Handong was unable to participate in the tour's European and American legs due to scheduling conflicts.
On June 30, Dreamcatcher revealed their official colors: Pantone Black 6 C, Pantone 7623 C, and Pantone P 10-6 C.
The group's first Japanese digital single, "You and I -Japanese ver.-" was released on August 30. The single acted as a pre-release track for their first full-length Japanese album The Beginning Of The End, which was released on September 11.
Dreamcatcher released their first special album, Raid of Dream, on September 18. The album was made in collaboration with the mobile game King's Raid; it's title track "Deja Vu" was used as the game's theme song.
2020: Handong's absence, first Korean album, Dystopia : Lose Myself, "No More"
On February 1, 2020, a mysterious teaser image posted onto the group's social media accounts hinted at a upcoming comeback. A teaser scheduler posted two days later announced the release of Dreamcatcher's first full-length Korean album.The next day, a notice posted on the group's official fancafe announced that Handong would be unable to participate in the album's promotions due to her schedules in China.
The group released their third Japanese single, "Endless Night", on March 11.
On May 1, Dreamcatcher collaborated with boy group IN2IT and soloist AleXa for the song "Be the Future". Produced in partnership with Millenasia Project and Varkey Foundation, the song conveys the message of how important education and safety are during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Dreamcatcher's second video game OST, "R.o.S.e Blue" was released on July 15. The song was used as the title track for the mobile game Girl Cafe Gun.
After a year of being absent from group promotions, Handong officially returned to the group on October 16 at the Korean Music Drive-In. The event marked the first time the songs "Scream" and "BOCA" were performed with seven members.
On November 20, the group's fifth Japanese single, "No More", was released.
2021: Dystopia : Road to Utopia, "Eclipse"
On January 8, 2021, the group released a mysterious teaser image on their Instagram page, hinting at a comeback later in the month. A scheduler posted on the group's social accounts on January 11 confirmed the group will comeback with their sixth mini album, Dystopia : Road to Utopia, on January 26.
|JiU (지유)||Leader, Lead Vocalist, Dancer, Visual||Being chased by someone unknown||2017–present|
|SuA (수아)||Main Dancer, Sub-Vocalist, Sub-Rapper||Being tied up||2017–present|
|Siyeon (시연)||Main Vocalist, Dancer||Being trapped in a small space||2017–present|
|Handong (한동)||Sub-Vocalist, Dancer||Being watched||2017–present|
|Yoohyeon (유현)||Lead Vocalist, Lead Dancer||Being lost in an unknown place||2017–present|
|Dami (다미)||Main Rapper, Lead Dancer, Sub-Vocalist||Being hurt||2017–present|
|Gahyeon (가현)||Sub-Vocalist, Lead Rapper, Maknae||Falling from high places||2017–present|
* During the Nightmare series, each member represented a specific nightmare or fear.
- Dreamcatcher 1st Concert "Welcome To The Dream World" (2018)
- Dreamcatcher Concert "Global Streaming Into the Night & Dystopia" (2020)
- Dreamcatcher [Dystopia: Seven Spirits] (2020)
- Dreamcatcher 1st Tour "Fly High" (2017–2018)
- Welcome To The Dream World (2018)
- Dreamcatcher Concert "Invitation From Nightmare City" (2019)
- They are often dubbed as being the "dark version" of GFRIEND due to their similarities in sonic style and fantastical concepts.
- Main article: Dreamcatcher/Gallery
- YouTube: 140816 밍스(Minx) 오크밸리 Summer festival 직캠 by 욘바인첼
- News Chosun (Korean): 해피페이스엔터, 신인 5인조 걸그룹 '밍스' 공개. 이번 주 데뷔
- Soompi: Girl Group MINX To Re-Debut As Dream Catcher Under Happy Face Entertainment
- 드림캐쳐 DREAMCATCHER on Facebook: HANDONG (November 30, 2016)
- 드림캐쳐 DREAMCATCHER on Facebook: GAHYEON (December 5, 2016)
- Soompi: DreamCatcher Releases Mysterious Teaser Image
- Soompi: DreamCatcher Shares First Look At Comeback With Beautiful Teaser Photos
- Soompi: DreamCatcher Gears Up For First Mini Album With Teaser Schedule
- Soompi: DreamCatcher To Embark On World Tour
- Naver (Korean): 드림캐쳐, 데뷔 1주년 기념 신곡 발표.."팬을 위해서"
- Soompi: Watch - Dreamcatcher Shares Video For New Song "Full Moon" And Announces Comeback Plans
- Soompi: DreamCatcher Announces Decision To Push Back March Comeback
- Soompi: Dreamcatcher Announces Official Fan Club Name
- Soompi: DreamCatcher Get Fans Excited With Mysterious Teaser Image
- SBS Asia: DREAMCATCHER are coming back with a new mini-album
- Korean Herald: Dreamcatcher wraps up 'Nightmare' series with new EP
- Soompi: DreamCatcher Reveals New Teaser Video For Comeback With "What
- Soompi: DreamCatcher To Gift Fans With Song On 2nd Debut Anniversary
- Allkpop: Happyface Entertainment changes name to Dreamcatcher Company
- Soompi: Dreamcatcher's Handong To Sit Out European Tour
- Soompi: Dreamcatcher Announces Official Colors
- Ruliweb (Korean): 게임을 아이돌 노래로 만들다, ‘킹스레이드X드림캐쳐’ 앨범 쇼케이스
- Naver (Korean): 드림캐쳐, 새 '미스터리 코드' 공개…새로운 스토리로 돌아온다
- Naver (Korean): 드림캐쳐, 18일 첫 정규 앨범 '디스토피아'로 컴백…新 세계관
- Dreamcatcher7 on Daum Cafe (February 4, 2020 notice)
- (KR) 미디어SR: (인터뷰) 드림캐쳐의 세계
- Soompi: Watch - DreamCatcher, AleXa, And IN2IT Spread Positivity Amidst COVID-19 Pandemic With "Be The Future" MV
- Naver (Korean): 드림캐쳐, 8월 17일 '세계관 확장' 품은 신보로 컴백 확정
- YouTube: [Simply K-Pop Dreamcatcher (드림캐쳐) - Scream _ KMDF 2020]
- YouTube: [Simply K-Pop Dreamcatcher (드림캐쳐) - BOCA _ KMDF 2020]
- Soompi: DreamCatcher Excites With Mystery Code Teaser
- @hf_dreamcatcher on Twitter (January 11, 2021)
- Dreamcatcher Official Japan (Japanese): 2021年3月24日(水) JAPAN 4TH SINGLE「Eclipse」リリース決定＆PCSC特設サイト限定特典つきCD2形態セット予約販売スタート\
- YouTube: Kiss The Radio (February 12, 2017)