"Breakthrough" is the fifth Japanese single by TWICE. It was released on July 24, 2019.
The music video for the title track was released on June 11, 2019, along with "Happy Happy". The song was also released as a digital download on the same day.
- "Breakthrough" - 3:37
- "Fancy" (Japanese ver.) - 3:36
- "Breakthrough (taalthechoi Remix)" - 3:22
- "Breakthrough (Instrumental)" - 3:37
- DVD (Type A only)
- "Breakthrough" music video
- "Breakthrough" music video making movie
- DVD (Type B only)
- "Breakthrough" music video (Lip sync ver.)
- Jacket shooting making movie
Two single release events with the TWICE members (except Mina) were organized:
- On August 25, 2019 at Makuhari Messe in Chiba,
- On August 27, 2019 at Intex Osaka convention center.
Both events offered the possibility to buy some exclusive "Breakthrough" goods. 21 exclusive objects were available, along with the group's light stick.
The goods were also available for sale online at the Once Japan official shop, from August 28 to September 8. An additional item was added for the occasion.
To celebrate the release of &TWICE -Repackage-, the remaining "Breakthrough" items were later sold at a selection of Tower Records store in Japan, from December 27, 2019 to January 13, 2020.
- The single's tracklist originally included the instrumental version of "Fancy", but on May 25, 2019, it was announced that it would be replaced by "Breakthrough (taalthechoi Remix)".
- "Breakthrough" was also recorded in a Korean version, available as the seventh track of their eighth mini album Feel Special.
- TWICE Japan: TWICE Mina announcement and apology (in Japanese)
- TWICE Japan: TWICE Japan 5th single "Breakthrough" release event official goods lineup (in Japanese)
- TWICE Japan: TWICE Pop-up Store "Twaii's Shop", TWICE Japan 5th single "Breakthrough" release event official merchandise online shopping starts (in Japanese)
- TWICE Japan: TWICE Official Goods will be sold at Tower Records stores! (in Japanese)
- TWICE Japan: Notification of partial change in the content of "Happy Happy" and "Breakthrough" (in Japanese)