2016: Debut with "Square One", "Square Two"
On May 31, YG Entertainment began releasing individual teaser photos of the members for the agency's then-unnamed, upcoming girl group on Instagram, starting with Jennie the same day. This was followed by Lisa on June 7, Jisoo on June 14, and lastly Rosé on June 21.
On June 29, YGE released the group photos and revealed their name to be BLACKPINK.
On July 6, YGE published on the group's official YouTube channel, a dance practice video, as an introduction to the group.
On July 29, it was revealed that the group will debut on August 8. The tracks "Boombayah" and "Whistle" from their debut single album "Square One", were revealed on August 5 and 6, respectively.
2017: "As If It's Your Last", Japanese debut
On June 22, 2017, the group released the digital single titled "As If It's Your Last".
On July 20, 2017, BLACKPINK held a showcase at Nippon Budokan in Tokyo. The group made their Japanese debut on August 30, 2017, with the release of their self-titled Japanese mini album.
2018: Re: BLACKPINK, Square Up, BLACKPINK In Your Area
In January 2018, it was announced that the group would released a repackage of their debut Japanese mini album titled Re: BLACKPINK on March 28.
On June 15, 2018 the group released their first Korean mini album titled Square Up with "Ddu-Du Ddu-Du" as the title track.
The group embarked on their first Japan tour, BLACKPINK Arena Tour 2018, in Osaka on July 24–25. On September 12, it was announced that the group would hold their first concert in Seoul titled BLACKPINK 2018 Tour [In Your Area] Seoul x BC Card at Olympic Gymnastics Arena.
On November 23, the group released their first Japanese studio album BLACKPINK In Your Area.
2019: First world tour, U.S TV debut, Kill This Love
On March 25, YGE released a teaser photo of Lisa, confirming the comeback of the group, with the mini album titled Kill This Love, to April 5.  The photos of the remaining members, Jennie, Jisoo and Rosé, and the photo of the group, were released, respectively, from March 26 to 28.
2020: "Sour Candy", upcoming pre-release singles and first full album
On April 22, it was confirmed the group would be featured in Lady Gaga's sixth studio album Chromatica, on the track titled "Sour Candy." On May 6, 2020, Gaga revealed on her Twitter account that "Sour Candy" would be released on May 29, the same day as the Chromatica album release.  Following its release, the song became their highest charting song on the Billboard Hot 100, UK Official Singles Chart, and ARIA Chart, at number 33, 17, and 8, respectively.
On May 4, Star News reported that BLACKPINK was scheduled to release a new album "from early-June to mid-June", with an exact date still to be confirmed. It was also stated that recording of the music had been completed, and while the filming schedule for the music video was "being adjusted", the group was set to film the music video in May. Later that day, YG Entertainment later confirmed the news. The release will come a year-and-two-months after the previous release, Kill This Love. On May 17, it was revealed that the members had already completed recording over 10 new songs for their first full album, set to be released in September. Prior to this, a pre-release single, "How You Like That", was released on June 26, 2020, followed by a second single to be released in either July or August.
|Jisoo (지수)||Lead Vocalist, Visual||2016–present|
|Jennie (제니)||Main Rapper, Lead Vocalist||2016–present|
|Rosé (로제)||Main Vocalist, Lead Dancer||2016–present|
|Lisa (리사)||Main Dancer, Lead Rapper, Sub-Vocalist, Maknae||2016–present|
Digital single albums
- BLACKPINK Arena Tour 2018 (2018)
- BLACKPINK 2019-2020 World Tour [In Your Area] (2019-2020)
Awards and nominations
- Main article: Awards and nominations received by BLACKPINK
- There is no leader because all of the members are now close friends who have their own leadership attributes.
- Leading up to their debut, the members have been training for 4–6 years.
- They are the first girl group to debut under YG Entertainment in seven years - the last group being 2NE1.
- The fandom name "BLINK" means that we start with BLACKPINK and end with BLACKPINK.
- They are the only K-pop girl group to have multiple entries on Billboard Hot 100 at 4 songs.
- Main article: BLACKPINK/Gallery
- ↑ Yang Hyun Suk's official Instagram account (@fromyg) (May 31, 2016 post)
- ↑ Soompi: YG Reveals Teasers For New Girl Group Member Jennie Kim
- ↑ Soompi: YG Reveals Second New Girl Group Member Lisa
- ↑ Soompi: YG Reveals Teasers For New Girl Group Member Jisoo
- ↑ Soompi: YG Reveals Teasers For New Girl Group Member Rosé
- ↑ Soompi: YG Reveals New Girl Group Name And Group Photos
- ↑ Soompi: YG Teases First BLACKPINK Dance Practice Video
- ↑ Soompi: BLACKPINK Reveals Debut Track Title Teaser
- ↑ Soompi: BLACKPINK Reveals Second Debut Single Teaser
- ↑ Soompi: 5 Girl Groups Who Won Their 1st Music Show Trophy In Record Time
- ↑ Korea Herald: BLACKPINK to drop new album, "Kill This Love," next month
- ↑ Soompi: "Ddu-Du Ddu-Du" becomes the first Kpop group MV to reach 1 billion views on YouTube
- ↑ Twitter: The journey continues. You can officially join me on #Chromatica on May 29. ⚔️💓
- ↑ 14.0 14.1 Kpopstarz: BLACKPINK Sets New Record in History: The First K-pop Girl Group to Enter the Top 40 in "Billboard Hot 100"
- ↑ Soompi: BLACKPINK Makes History In Australia As Their Lady Gaga Collab Becomes Highest-Charting Song By K-Pop Group On ARIA Chart
- ↑ YG Life: BLACKPINK Confirmed to Make Comeback on June… Finished Recording and Will Schedule MV Shooting
- ↑ Allkpop: YG Entertainment Makes Announcement About BLACKPINK's June Comeback